Assets Protection TCM 6.2

HardlinesGuy

Deputy Sheriff - Former AP Team Leader
Opinions? Likes and dislikes? Problems you have? Work arounds for said problems?

I like the reduced case time and that everything is on one page. Not too sure about the no narrative part, I feel like that will come back to bite Target if there is a repeat subject.

We're still waiting direction from the APBP about the case attachments but I can see them being obsolete with the Alert Stream. I still do them since our officers enjoy having all that info on one page and an itemized list of merch if needed.

I haven't had any issues with it but someone in the district has said it struggles populating kid's clothing if you scan the tag but hand typing it in works.

So far I've had some trouble with barcode scanning, but I like it overall.

Being picky, I hate how bright it is. I MySupported it and they said the color scheme is built into the platform and cannot be changed. I also dislike how there aren't any dollar amounts on the "My Closed Incidents" page...so I made my own report that populates all of my incidents in order from most recent with dollar amounts.

I like that everything is on 1 page now. It's cleaner looking. Much easier to use. The no narratives part for recoveries and PMRs is interesting..

Personally I can't stand it. Old TCM may have been a hassle at times, but it worked. Not a fan of the appearance (ie color scheme) or the layout. Oh well!

Our direction is to not do narratives for KTRs, only security incidents, apps, and internals. But our synopses should be "very detailed" to hold up in court.

Personally I hate the new TCM. I feel like they went too far in simplifying it.

Sure the old system had its issues. But when used correctly (linking cases, subjects, vehicles, etc.) it was a great tool. The problem is a lot of people were too lazy to use the tool the way it was meant to be used.

Thread revival. Has TCM gone through any other updates in the last year? Is 6.2 still iffy at best? Is it true mobile TCM is a thing now?

Thread revival. Has TCM gone through any other updates in the last year? Is 6.2 still iffy at best? Is it true mobile TCM is a thing now?
As of when I left, nothing good. They made it so some features can only be used with internet explorer (i.e. changing quantity and/or prices) while other things really only ever work on Chrome (like Yammer or the search function). They did integrate the spell check, so that was nice.
And the TCM mobile was a joke. It was on the Zebra, but you could only start PMRs. No KTRs, no Security incidents, nothing where having the portability of the Zebra would be nice. You couldn't do participants, couldn't upload/attach pictures, couldn't adjust sale prices, etc.
And there was no spell check or predictive typing. I hated trying to use it.

Back