Archived "Team does anyone have...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bosses should step up and just either hold people accountable when it comes to equipment or don't be cheap and get more equipment. I have no sympathy when an ETL complains to me about the price of a walkie or PDA. I don't care. You won't get an ounce of sympathy from me. I don't steal or break them. I just want one that works the way I need it work and I want one when I want one. Don't think that's asking for too much. However, this is Target and complaining about needing equipment is probably "playing the victim" on the Target ETL script. They will probably be like "well, you should have been faster on your way to the equipment room to get a PDA or walkie".

Exactly.. I am not the one who put a LPDA back in the cabinet with the screen shattered once a week. Or the walkies with the antennas broken off. Find these people and hold them accountable for it. I have a job to do give me the tools to do it.

Agree! Agree! Agree! I HATE it when something that should take 10 min takes 30 because you have to chase equipment!!!

It's funny because the walkies with the exposed antennas are technically in violation of FCC guidelines..

As an electronics TM I hate the fact they sometime we don't get a PDA and we really need them to pull items for guests. It wouldn't make much sense to call backroom when we're a two story building and they gotta run from the basement to the top floor to pull a DVD. I've let the ETLs know but they don't put one to the side for us.

Sounds about right. My favorite is when I print out the equipment report in the morning and I see the pharmacy tech's name on a PDA from the day before. Of course it's no where to be found because it's in the pharmacy! Also when I see the same person has the same PDA every day. Hmmm...
Pharmacy has some very strictly timed things for ordering, and not having a PDA was a HUGE issue. HUGE.

They finally put a charging station in there with some, so the STL and such get theirs from there too now.
EXACTLY!!!! With our new ordering system, we basically have a 10-15-minute window to place our order from the time it prints to the time it has to be scanned. This has to be done twice a day. In the past, there were days we would call for a PDA and we would wait 30+ minutes. Before we started keeping one in the pharmacy (we don't have a charging station, we just grab a battery every day), there were times we would track down TMs in the break room and take theirs while they were on break or "borrow" the FR. I've even taken them out of "unattended" reshop carts before~LOL!

As an electronics TM I hate the fact they sometime we don't get a PDA and we really need them to pull items for guests. It wouldn't make much sense to call backroom when we're a two story building and they gotta run from the basement to the top floor to pull a DVD. I've let the ETLs know but they don't put one to the side for us.
One way around this is, to use the merchandise locate button on the register. Then type in the dpci. Print the slip that gives backroom & Salesfloor location for your store. Pull the item from the back room location & give it to the guest. Write on the qty pulled on the slip. When you get a PDA or someone with a PDA, do the correct pull, then.
I had shown this option to our mobile guy. They print the slip & ask the electronic tm to get the item for the guest.

Majority of TM members in my store esp Flow & Plano take equipment because they think by reading emails or listening to conversations they're gaining an advantage. This is allowed. There's no repercussions.

I don't think anyone mentioned cashiers, there's really no situations where a cashier needs a PDA if they're solely cashiering. Walkies on the other hand are occasionally necessary (GSA in CO and nobody at SD until later, or GSA needing to take back defects at the end of the night after GS leaves, cashier who also gets carts, etc.)

I only handed out PDAs / Walkies to Cashiers after 7PM when theres usually a ton in the cabinet.

I got to work on Saturday and the equipment cabinet was completely empty no walkies, PDAs, or LPDAs. Let me tell you, that was the happiest 2 hours I've had at Target in a long time. It got me to realize that about 75% of the time the reason I start getting disgruntled at work is because of that damn walkie. Whether its backups, red card updates read from a script, or the LOD/TLOD telling us to "dig deep" "work harder" and "get through these pulls" that walkie is almost always the source of what gets me going. I think the other 25% of the time it's an in-person interaction with the LOD.

I've had a lot less stress in my day since I stopped carrying a walkie too (instocks). Only thing it was good for was helping guests & getting fussed at for various things by the ETL Log. And I was the only one on my team of 4 who would get one, so I joined the team in not having one. Now I'm not the focal point of all the animosity towards the instocks team.

Dig deep? Is this Survivor? If it is, I better be getting told that I have a chance of winning a million dollars if I'm the sole Survivor.

One way around this is, to use the merchandise locate button on the register. Then type in the dpci. Print the slip that gives backroom & Salesfloor location for your store. Pull the item from the back room location & give it to the guest. Write on the qty pulled on the slip. When you get a PDA or someone with a PDA, do the correct pull, then.
I had shown this option to our mobile guy. They print the slip & ask the electronic tm to get the item for the guest.

That wouldn't fly at my store...hell no. If you want something pulled then you get the backroom to pull it.

That wouldn't fly at my store...hell no. If you want something pulled then you get the backroom to pull it.

May not fly with you, but they are documenting it as to not create a baffle. And as long as you get it typed in quickly it won't hurt anything. He is thinking guest and sales first. We do something similar during 4th quarter, the PDA's won't work in the trailers so we post-it note what we are pulling and keep scan location sheets for each trailer by the door, scan them in when we get back inside.. It can work well if you keep track, and scan it as soon as you can.

My only words of caution when doing this is be wary of street date stuff, it can be in the back for a while before it can be sold.

I fully understand what he's saying, and the reasoning behind it. Maybe I should amend my comment to say it would be fine as long as the person wasn't a complete dumbass. The electronics team at my store...they might get slapped for even suggesting that shit (excluding 1 person who isn't a retard).

I fully understand what he's saying, and the reasoning behind it. Maybe I should amend my comment to say it would be fine as long as the person wasn't a complete dumbass. The electronics team at my store...they might get slapped for even suggesting that shit (excluding 1 person who isn't a retard).

In my store my electronics team is somewhat hated because we're overall very flexible so TLs come to us to have us help out with other zones. We don't even have a TL nor ETL and been operating fine without one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back