Team lead and Etl altercations

Neptune bitch TL to the Captain: (her 1st week in the store!) "come up, I have to talk to you in the office" Captain: " NO! " Perpetual hard on for men over 45. Key word: Men Not little boy TLs but seasoned experienced and educated men who do the Target gig just for shits and giggles. Useless slug.

I used to a bit too loose and loud with the F-bombs at my old gig. Not aiming them at anyone in particular, just general bitching. Was told a few times to watch my mouth.

I keep it a bit classier at Spot - or at least, I keep my voice down.

ahhh well I had one of the seasonal team member mom call my hr and said I cuss like a sailor and that I said to her son if he doesn’t get faster on the line he will be fired . Do I cuss like a sailer fuck yeah I do . Did I say I will fire him because he is slow yes I do . He is gone and well I still cuss . What happens on the line stay on the line lol

I was chatting with an SETL towards the end of my shift yesterday and said something mildly colorful. It wasn’t bad enough I remember what I said, but it was enough her reaction was an emphatic Oh God! I glanced up from the papers I was sorting and completely innocently told her, “It’s not like I’m talking about hookers and blow.” Of course that’s the moment my ETL came around the corner. But they just asked who did then laughed and said “Oh right that was me!” Yes, my etl and I causally discuss hookers and blow.

They also asked me to go down and do midday for them and I declined, they said it’s called delegation and I said it was bullshit and they laughed. All of this was while we were in our own offices, the walls are just that thin lol.

The takeaway is you never know what the dynamics of a relationship are not the entire context of a conversation unless you’re one of the parties involved. If you were the TL getting cursed at you could tell the ETL you’ll find a solution and get back with them but you’d appreciate them cleaning up their language. If you aren’t the TL then you’re in no way involved and that’s how you should stay.

Because I spend so much of my time biting my tongue at work, one of my coworkers who crochets during our long meetings made me this.
I try not to throw it around too much.

48370253_10214203860318522_3888774513487249408_o.jpg

its constant disrespect And mistreatment of everyone in their path
The SD let’s The two act as they please
they target people and ride there ass till they can fire them or make them quit
Then this is what you focus on. Not the fact they said a bad word, as others said that will at most get a wrist slap. You have a right to be treated with respect, talk to your ETL HR or hotline with specific instances where you didn’t feel respected (more than just then using foul language)

If an ETL talks to you that way it just proves that they are in no way a leader. If that is how they inspire, they fail. If they are ticked off they should be able to express themselves in a professional manner. I can swear like a sailor after a case of beer, but I know what workplace communication is. However...that is not what Spot hires now. They will turn a blind eye to anything that makes that makes them money.
When an ETL got in my face (1 time in 20+ years) I waited until there was a pause in her fire breathing rant, and stared right at her and told her I would be happy to listen to her when she calmed down. Then I walked away. IMO it IS worth setting boundaries about how you will allow people to talk to you. You stand up for yourself because no one else will in this life.

Last edited:
It's unprofessional and uncalled for. A TL (and a TM for that matter) should be able to express themselves in the workplace without using foul language, assuming they are of reasonable intelligence and have a level of maturity.
I'm kind of the "language police" at my store and most people know it and respect it. In the break room, I tend to "not hear" a lot of what's said as long as it's not too loud or too awful. But on the sales floor, definitely. And in the back room as well. We can control our mouths if we choose to.

Honestly, I would have took a step forward and told him to watch his mouth. Fuck that shit, I don't go to work to be spoken to like a dog.

Our old ETL and TL crew was respectful. This new bitch came on like gangbusters, I just ignored her and was very obvious about it. I pretended I didn't hear her. Hear is different from listen, she never once said anything intelligent thus she was nothing to listen to. I heard her but paid no attention. Others did the same. Drove her nuts, or I should say, MORE nuts.

Back