Team lead shift times

When I got promoted to GMTL over presentation last fall, I was told my shift would be 6 am to 2:30. A few weeks later, I was told that they might need me to do 8 to 4;30 once or twice a week. I said ok, not thrilled but it won't kill me. Never happened. Since mid January, most of my shifts are 8 to 430. I reminded the SD I would do 2 days. She said that it's target saying that all team leads need to work that shift all the time. Anyone else hearing this??

That's what I figured. 🙄 With most DBO's leaving by 230 and closing expert not coming in at 6, there's a good gap there. My issue is being light on Plano experts, I wind up supporting them with setting and trying to set anything from 8 to 430 stinks. I can get more done from 6 to 8 than after 8.

What I don’t get it is, they say they got rid of overnight so that TMs can work and serve guests.
Most of GM TMs are gone by 1 pm. Our busy time is like 3-10 pm. There is usually no one in domestics/baby/toys/ market. Call boxes go off across the store with no one to clear them. How is this scheduling “guest centered”?

What I don’t get it is, they say they got rid of overnight so that TMs can work and serve guests.
Most of GM TMs are gone by 1 pm. Our busy time is like 3-10 pm. There is usually no one in domestics/baby/toys/ market. Call boxes go off across the store with no one to clear them. How is this scheduling “guest centered”?
Oh I am right there with you! The dbo routine they have us pushing isn't guest centered either. We get a rush around 10 until about noon. The routine has the DBO's either setting endcaps or revisions or in the backroom at that time. I'm sure this routine may work in some places but it certainly doesn't work in all of the stores.

I start at 3 am , 2 gm pp1 Tl start at 4:30 with pp1 dbos . At 9 am 3 gm Tl for pp2 start with pp2dbos . However I own inbound , Plano and sea . My plano experts start at 6 am

I'm the toys DBO at my store, and my usual is 1-6, or maybe 10 or 11 to 6 when there's more hours available...I'm normally the only dbo who is in that late...everyone else usually comes in earlier.

I'm the toys DBO at my store, and my usual is 1-6, or maybe 10 or 11 to 6 when there's more hours available...I'm normally the only dbo who is in that late...everyone else usually comes in earlier.
What about your sprt dbo? Sea? Bike? Bath? Home decor? Office? Kitchen? Beds? Plast? Where are they?

This!! With hours cut a lot of our DBO's are gone by 10 am. Sometimes we have just one GM on the sales floor. How is this guest-centric? We have some DBO's who aren't even register-trained which means there is less of a pool to respond to guest first. Not fair to certain DBO's who are stuck responding because they are trained.

What about your sprt dbo? Sea? Bike? Bath? Home decor? Office? Kitchen? Beds? Plast? Where are they?
Your store is an outlier. Most stores have far fewer TLs, TMs, etc. . . . We also typically have only one dbo until 6. Then, one closing expert.

I am GM3 and work 11a-730p every single day. I am the closing lead twice a month every other weekend I work. My GM3 team does not come into work until 12p. Some weeks it's 1p or 2p depending payroll. I personally love the 11AM start time as I am not a morning person. I cover the closing leads lunch every day since I come in later.

They're all mostly in earlier, sport for example is 9-2:30 usually, plast usually closes, kitchen usually opens, home is usually the only one same time as me, along with seasonal. I guess I'm not so alone as it feels sometimes, now that I think about it, but all I know is, after working for a while, usually around 3 ish, all that's left on the line is toys. I'm never sure why that is. I kinda feel sometimes that toys is neglected when I'm not there for whatever reason. Is it not as important as other areas? For the past few weeks I come in at 1 to about 5 uboats on average. My 1for1s are anywhere from 20-70, past 2 days they were 67-70, but some days they may only be 20-30.

They're all mostly in earlier, sport for example is 9-2:30 usually, plast usually closes, kitchen usually opens, home is usually the only one same time as me, along with seasonal. I guess I'm not so alone as it feels sometimes, now that I think about it, but all I know is, after working for a while, usually around 3 ish, all that's left on the line is toys. I'm never sure why that is. I kinda feel sometimes that toys is neglected when I'm not there for whatever reason. Is it not as important as other areas? For the past few weeks I come in at 1 to about 5 uboats on average. My 1for1s are anywhere from 20-70, past 2 days they were 67-70, but some days they may only be 20-30.
So they come in everyday ? And are 9-2:30?

Back