Archived team member discount

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't sign anything I don't understand. It's been a while so maybe it was in there. I'll see if I can locate my copy.
I'm sure it's in some paper you signed when you first got hired. You know the ones you don't read and don't understand the big words.

I don't sign anything I don't understand. It's been a while so maybe it was in there. I'll see if I can locate my copy.
If it makes you feel any better the guys at the store level don't have acesss to the bank stuff. The ICS and the investigators do. That's what they get paid to do, look at internal stuff all day.

If it makes you feel any better the guys at the store level don't have acesss to the bank stuff. The ICS and the investigators do. That's what they get paid to do, look at internal stuff all day.
I still want to find my copy :) I very well might have shrugged it off as a trade off for a job vs invasion of privacy. I would have figured that since the Red Card is not actually owned by Target they lost the ability to look at that.

I still want to find my copy :) I very well might have shrugged it off as a trade off for a job vs invasion of privacy. I would have figured that since the Red Card is not actually owned by Target they lost the ability to look at that.
They still do signups, transactions, phone support, etc. TD Bank is just there to provide creditor services and the ability to issue the cards (cheaper for target to outsource all that than do it in house). When it comes down to it, target still owns the cards and can see all transactions on them.

Interesting fact to know...you can actually be put on a final for making a red card payment late...or writing a bad check with target credit union. I actually seen people in my district be fired for this.
There was a Team Lead at my store who was fired because she accidentally let her checking account overdraft with a purchase she made with her debit red card.

There was a Team Lead at my store who was fired because she accidentally let her checking account overdraft with a purchase she made with her debit red card.
Kind of sad, they knew where she worked and I'm sure could have just alerted her and recovered the money.

I personally wouldn't do it because it's against their rules. I am a stickler for rules because I feel guilt and expect anything bad I do, is found out.

The only way I'd use my discount to benefit another is if I bought something for someone and then they returned the favor. Example: I buy a shirt for them at target with my discount, later they buy me a shirt another time.

I just don't see the risk really worth it.

I had a coworker laminate my discount cards for me and she never returned them because the people who were doing the laminating said that they were lost. I feel like they have them and just want to use it. Should I report this to AP or my store?

It's a written form of payment that is tied to your bank account.
Failure to notice sarcasm font.
I had a coworker laminate my discount cards for me and she never returned them because the people who were doing the laminating said that they were lost. I feel like they have them and just want to use it. Should I report this to AP or my store?
Probably AP at your store. The major downside to someone else using your discount card is that the savings gotten through the card count as taxable income on your W2. I'm not sure if they can re-issue the card with a slightly different number and disable the other one, it seems like that would be a good practice to have. If you're going to laminate your card best do it yourself or find a place that will do it right there in front of you.

The standard format on the cards is 480<TM#><check digit>.

Lol, yea, I was joking about the what is a check thing. I don't think it's that common to get checks nowadays. So I thought it was funny it'd been mentioned.

I use Target CU and was curious about the comment of Target being able to look for checks through the CU. Target doesn't own the CU, Baxter does and they just use the name. I looked at the privacy policy and they do share information in response to court orders and legal investigations, and they do share to affiliates (which is just one listed, unrelated to Target), I believe if Target has done that in the past, it is not limited to just Target CU and was in response to a legal investigation. I dunno, I'm gonna call BCU tomorrow and ask.

I use Target CU and was curious about the comment of Target being able to look for checks through the CU. Target doesn't own the CU, Baxter does and they just use the name. I looked at the privacy policy and they do share information in response to court orders and legal investigations, and they do share to affiliates (which is just one listed, unrelated to Target), I believe if Target has done that in the past, it is not limited to just Target CU and was in response to a legal investigation. I dunno, I'm gonna call BCU tomorrow and ask.
They must have some type of agreement or something. Because if you write a bad check with target credit union aka Baxter...you could be fired.

Also, everyone keeps saying you can be put on final or even fired for being late on your REDcard, but who exactly enforces this?! I brought this up with store leadership and they don't believe me. Our AP ETL laughed and said she regularly makes late payments.

Does corporate really call up your store and tell you to fire a TM because they didn't pay on their credit card? That sounds absolutely ludicrous.

Also, everyone keeps saying you can be put on final or even fired for being late on your REDcard, but who exactly enforces this?! I brought this up with store leadership and they don't believe me. Our AP ETL laughed and said she regularly makes late payments.

Does corporate really call up your store and tell you to fire a TM because they didn't pay on their credit card? That sounds absolutely ludicrous.
I would ask your ETL-HR...I know of at least two team members at my store that were pissed because they got put on finals. I would think it came somewhere from corporate...

I personally don't care if they acesss my stuff. I got nothing to hide. I can see your point though.
I just love that argument. NSA likes to use it.

http://falkvinge.net/2012/07/19/debunking-the-dangerous-nothing-to-hide-nothing-to-fear/

Would you voluntarily allow your local police department to access your computer? How about giving them your DNA records? You know just in case *someone* commits a murder so they can trace the evidence. Where does "I've got nothing to hide" stop with you?

I just love that argument. NSA likes to use it.

http://falkvinge.net/2012/07/19/debunking-the-dangerous-nothing-to-hide-nothing-to-fear/

Would you voluntarily allow your local police department to access your computer? How about giving them your DNA records? You know just in case *someone* commits a murder so they can trace the evidence. Where does "I've got nothing to hide" stop with you?
NSA can use a satellite to zoom in on someone and watch them real time...at this point it really doesn't matter...big brother has already won.

I use the red debit and I've overdrawn so much in the past over forgetfulness with that thing. At one point I didn't pay a fee to redcard for over a month.

Wait, what? Where would I find this on my most recent W-2?

I'm going to be shopping a lot less at Spot if it counts against me for tax time! :confused:

It's only for those partners using the domestic partner cards. They do have to pay taxes. The rest of us don't.

Discounts are not taxable, but if you get an award achievement such as cash, cash equivalents, gift certificates, or other intangible property such as vacations, meals, lodging, tickets to theater or sporting events, stocks, bonds, and other securities, the value of those items should be taxed. That's why so many HR ETLs scream about giving gift carts to TMs. It's hard (impossible) to trace by HR who's getting the gift cards but Target takes a hit at tax time.

I know, I know, y'all don't believe that corporations pay taxes, but they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back