Archived team member discount

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently a family member brother in law and his wife asked if they could use my team member number to buy a car seat online. Could target find out? How can they find out that the discount was used by someone other than my husband or kids? Would you give someone else your number?

For the record I ended up telling them no. I was not gonna risk my job so they can save 20 bucks. Also didn't like that they would still have my number the next time they order something online. So what are others opinions?

Just have them give you the money and order it for them.
But, yeah, I wouldn't be handing out the number.
Not a chance.

Don't do it.

The only time anyone other than you may use your discount is if they are your spouse, domestic partner, or dependent (in which case they would get their own card).

Recently a family member brother in law and his wife asked if they could use my team member number to buy a car seat online. Could target find out? How can they find out that the discount was used by someone other than my husband or kids? Would you give someone else your number?

For the record I ended up telling them no. I was not gonna risk my job so they can save 20 bucks. Also didn't like that they would still have my number the next time they order something online. So what are others opinions?
If caught it's a AUTO final. For example a team member at my store went on vacation. For this example say my store is in New York. Say the team member went to texas and let someone use her discount in Texas. She had a final waiting for her when she came back....AP can pull video from any store and prove it wasn't you. And for online if someone pays with a red card that isn't in your name ...it's a final. We just termed a team member who was letting her mom use his discount online.

If caught it's a AUTO final. For example a team member at my store went on vacation. For this example say my store is in New York. Say the team member went to texas and let someone use her discount in Texas. She had a final waiting for her when she came back....AP can pull video from any store and prove it wasn't you. And for online if someone pays with a red card that isn't in your name ...it's a final. We just termed a team member who was letting her mom use his discount online.
And don't think of buying target giftcards to get around the policy. Couple of long-timers got termed for that.

The simplest solution is to always pay yourself, then get paid back by whoever you're letting use your discount. If you don't trust them to pay you back why are you letting them use your discount in the first place?

I'm sure there could be some element of suspicion when my dad and I bought an xbox one using my TM discount and my redcard, but without access to my bank account (bad spot, no spying) there would be no way to prove he wrote a check to me at home.

Everything is easy to find for AP. I know a TPS said on here one of his weekly routines was to search for giftcard TM discount transactions to find TMs buying giftcards to go around the policy. I'm sure the investigation centers and AP like to look at purchases made with a TM discount where the name on the redcard doesn't match the TMs name.

So basically make it look like you're following the policy. Even if it's technically against the policy to get paid back for purchases made with the discount, there is no way for AP to prove or enforce that.

The only time anyone other than you may use your discount is if they are your spouse, domestic partner, or dependent (in which case they would get their own card).
Or when you lose it...

I lost mine a year or two ago around Christmas, what happens to me when someone else is caught using it?

Or when you lose it...

I lost mine a year or two ago around Christmas, what happens to me when someone else is caught using it?

If they know that your card was lost or stolen, I'd like to think you'd be ok.

Hey HR and AP folks, how is this situation typically handled?

I'm pretty sure I'd be fine. All these repercussions from allowing other people to use it, and there might be some guy out there using mine.

I didn't tell my store I lost it, but I did tell the lady on the phone when I was ordering a new one. The barcode is just my TM number, right? It's not like they can disable it.

I'm pretty sure I'd be fine. All these repercussions from allowing other people to use it, and there might be some guy out there using mine.

I didn't tell my store I lost it, but I did tell the lady on the phone when I was ordering a new one. The barcode is just my TM number, right? It's not like they can disable it.

I actually asked my HRTM about this. I thought they would just get you a new number but no. She said that the system has the ability to restrict a certain number to specific stores in case of loss or theft. Not sure how true that is, but that's what I was told. The barcode is your 8-digit number prefaced by 480 and succeeded by a 6.

The simplest solution is to always pay yourself, then get paid back by whoever you're letting use your discount. If you don't trust them to pay you back why are you letting them use your discount in the first place?

I'm sure there could be some element of suspicion when my dad and I bought an xbox one using my TM discount and my redcard, but without access to my bank account (bad spot, no spying) there would be no way to prove he wrote a check to me at home.

Everything is easy to find for AP. I know a TPS said on here one of his weekly routines was to search for giftcard TM discount transactions to find TMs buying giftcards to go around the policy. I'm sure the investigation centers and AP like to look at purchases made with a TM discount where the name on the redcard doesn't match the TMs name.

So basically make it look like you're following the policy. Even if it's technically against the policy to get paid back for purchases made with the discount, there is no way for AP to prove or enforce that.
AP has access to your red card statements, and if you have Target Credit Union we can pull your records and see if a check was written to you.

If they know that your card was lost or stolen, I'd like to think you'd be ok.

Hey HR and AP folks, how is this situation typically handled?
If you didn't report it right away...it would just be a final. If you reported it stolen and someone used it, nothing will happen to you.

AP has access to your red card statements, and if you have Target Credit Union we can pull your records and see if a check was written to you.
Another reason to not use target CU. Not sure how the statements will help you, I'd always ask them to write the check directly to me and not to target.

Whatever, keep doing god's work, I'm sure it suits you.

You'd think Target would have more important things to do than firing people for letting their mom's use their discount. Fucking lame. Stores should let anyone in you immediate family use you card, or at least online.

You'd think Target would have more important things to do than firing people for letting their mom's use their discount. Fucking lame. Stores should let anyone in you immediate family use you card, or at least online.
While this may be true, it isn't up to us to decide policy.

In the OP case, I would had paid for it had it shipped to my address then let them pay me back. That way Spot hasn't got a clue....with this being said I wouldn't make a reg. habit of it

That is super creepy. Especially if you have the Visa, that means your employer has access to know everywhere you use it. And as to having access to your banking accounts? Ick. Way too big brother for me.

If Ap has nothing better to do than to snoop into my bank accounts...then I really feel bad for them.

That is super creepy. Especially if you have the Visa, that means your employer has access to know everywhere you use it. And as to having access to your banking accounts? Ick. Way too big brother for me.
Interesting fact to know...you can actually be put on a final for making a red card payment late...or writing a bad check with target credit union. I actually seen people in my district be fired for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back