Archived Team Member Tried Making Me Work Over Break

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tldr;

If you take your break on the last 15 minutes of your shift, you're just being an entitled asshole.

If you say there wasn't time otherwise, then you have poor time management skills.

It's very simple, tell your etl you're going to break at xyz time, then you just go.

Just to clear things up pulling all presentation pulls is in the Backroom teams hours. There was a recent explanation of how all hours worked within my time. It was titled my time store standards FAQ.

No one gets actually gets hours for backstock of presentation. I have been a presentation team leader or logistics team leader and will tell you from either position the Backroom team should do all backstock. The only thing I have done different is have the Plano team help backstock as their part of smart huddle

Tldr;

If you take your break on the last 15 minutes of your shift, you're just being an entitled asshole.

If you say there wasn't time otherwise, then you have poor time management skills.

It's very simple, tell your etl you're going to break at xyz time, then you just go.

I will be that entitled asshole every time.. Cause it happening once in a blue moon isn't a big deal..

Just call me EA!

Sometimes you have to, your break coverage is late, back up cashier rush, call outs, guest pulls all can just screw your timing over.. Or when we used to push PTM we would get it out on the floor and since we were working in one place, and once guests found us we had all these people who once they found a person to help them, getting back to our PTM was a trick. So once we did we had time to either finish it or maybe not finish it. We figured finish it and then chill for a short break before punching out. Was it the right call? Maybe maybe not, but NO ONE complained that the PTM was not finished.

Now I really don't give two fucks, but others are not in that place where they can just up and drop what they are doing.

Tldr;

Backroom doesn't work like that

Backroom doesn't work like that

Backroom definitely does work like that. You know when cafs will drop, so tell your etl when your break will be, then when break time comes remind them you need help.

A break is 15 or 30 minutes, they can come pull for that period of time while you get a real break. If the cafs or myff roll, it's not your problem, it's theirs, for mismanaging the process.

Nearly everything in the backroom is on a predefined timer, so if anything, its easier to plan your break. Myff is the only thing that isn't, and someone can do that for a short time, in the best practice it clearly says a sales floor tm should be trained as well.

Plano is supposed to pull and backstock there own stuff
Lol. No way bud look that shiznit up on workbench. That workload is NOT included in plano hours. That's backroom's job. But I know some stores do it different if their backroom is behind pretty often.

Backroom definitely does work like that. You know when cafs will drop, so tell your etl when your break will be, then when break time comes remind them you need help.

A break is 15 or 30 minutes, they can come pull for that period of time while you get a real break. If the cafs or myff roll, it's not your problem, it's theirs, for mismanaging the process.

Nearly everything in the backroom is on a predefined timer, so if anything, its easier to plan your break. Myff is the only thing that isn't, and someone can do that for a short time, in the best practice it clearly says a sales floor tm should be trained as well.

LOD pull for backroom? I have one in the building that will do that, the others lazy bitches who have more important things to do, like order lunch. And without a good ETL in the building who will back the TM up for having the balls to take their breaks like you want. The coachings are just not worth it to them.

LOD pull for backroom? I have one in the building that will do that, the others lazy bitches who have more important things to do, like order lunch. And without a good ETL in the building who will back the TM up for having the balls to take their breaks like you want. The coachings are just not worth it to them.

Where is the team lead? You're going to be doomed to dealing with bullshit forever until someone stands up to the moronic leadership

Where is the team lead? You're going to be doomed to dealing with bullshit forever until someone stands up to the moronic leadership

Most weeks that is the TL.. When he is not being the Receiver(Covering breaks) or In-Stocks(also the TL) or back up GSTL(covering breaks all TL's must rotate) he fits in his when he can. That is an average day for our Backroom TL.. And then add in his Backroom shifts cause we are so short staffed. Like I said we have one ETL our ETL Ops that will get his hands dirty and do backroom or Flex when needed but the rest.. Lazy bitches who won't even throw trash until there NO trash cans for Pfresh to use, even then they will ask "Well can you stack it so it can wait?"

Our lod don't even know how to pull. They will just say leave it and you'll need to rush when you come back from break in Addition to guest calls And flexs and backstock

I try to break up my breaks my breaks like 5 and 10 minutes; because nearly every time I take a break Guest Service call in with a request. They wrote up one of my BRTM for not responding and acting to GS calls during those periods. I have helped them (GS) on my breaks and lunches, mainly because they only schedule one BRTM at a time; in January, they cut double coverage in the backroom; So we are pretty much on our own. Recently GSA's have been increasingly curt and nasty to BRTM's; they always assume were not doing anything.

While you can't/won't be coached for taking your last 15 at the end of your shift, you can be coached for poor scheduling of your breaks. I'm on POG as well, I actually just take a long first 15 and skip the last 15. We always take our lunch at the last minute so I only have 2 hours left when I get back. I think most of my team skips the 2nd break unless a) they really want it or b) for some reason we are going to sit around waiting on something. Most often that not though, skipping the break means we will get done that much sooner.

We schedule breaks for TMs, they need to take them on time. Or they can get held accountable. Simply to prevent TMs from stacking breaks. Usually it's not an issue (if it gets pushed back) but I'd definitely be having conversations with TMs if this was a consistent thing. If it only happened today it wouldn't/shouldn't be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back