Archived Team Members You Hate Working With

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxTheDudexx

Front of Store Attendant
Ever have those team members that seem to have issues with you even though you are nice to them, and have tried to go the extra mile to help them time and time again? I am nothing but nice to this girl but she clearly has issues with me. I had thought she was just a man hater, but she is buddy buddy with a lot of guys I recently discovered. I don't know what I did. Don't expect her to like me, but at least treat me with respect. I'm really starting to hate her guts when I get stuck working with her when she's at photo and I'm at Guest Service. I'm about to say something to her because I don't know what I've every done to piss her off at me. I'm getting sick of her short remarks and attitude with me. I really am. If I don't say something I'm worried I'm going to blow up at her, and I don't want that. My Head GSTL told me she either likes you or hates you. She doesn't have to like me, but at least show me some respect so we can both do our job.

She is currently training to be a GSA. Numerous Guests have complained about her attitude problem. The only reason she is being promoted is because she is all happy go lucky and brown noses all superiors. Every time I ask her over in photo if she would do a check up in the ladies room or ask for help when I'm getting backed up she always replies: "it's not my job." Does that sound like someone worthy of being promoted? She is the only person in my store I have a problem with. My head GSTL doesn't like her either, but she's been there far longer than me and knows more. I'm still learning something new every day, but apparently she knows it all. I despise her as much as she does me probably, difference is I don't show it, or act it.

When you bring it to her attention have your TL in there with you as a neutral party (your TL already doesn't like her so it's only helping you). Be professional and all business. Leave emotions at the door...she doesn't hurt your feelings, she doesn't make you feel belittled, etc...she speaks to you in a condescending way, she doesn't treat you with respect, etc. Ignore the guests complaints and focus on the issue of her not treating you with respect. Ask her how you can help her. Put on the biggest show you can. Have your TL keep documentation of the conversation in his mysite. Now that you've got yourself covered with trying to make peace and being helpful...screw her however you can without getting caught. not my job huh...yeah **** her

she always replies: "it's not my job." Does that sound like someone worthy of being promoted?

Yes, this immediately qualifies her for executive team leader at the mininum, if not more...

she's been there far longer than me and knows more. I'm still learning something new every day, but she knows it all.

What's this? Seniority? On the job experience? Yeah she's not promotable.

she is all happy go lucky and brown noses all superiors.

I take it back somebody get her started on interview prep ASAP.

My Head GSTL told me she either likes you or hates you.

Wait so she's all or nothing, black or white, cut or dry??? Her interview will just be a formality, she will be starting as executive of guest experience next tuesday. She is allowed to continue accruing guest complaints, but it is now your job to get those survey scores green!

And it sounds like your Head GSTL has been at your store long enough to form valuable and productive bonds with other front end team members, and it sounds like they have mastered the area and are able to help with other projects and initiatives since they have a handle on their core duties. We should probably railroad him/her into transferring to another store in the district with a staff they will not fit in with!!!

Focus more on recognition!

Some people just don't like other people. She's rude to you? And? I kinda want to say suck it up.

Dude, I know exactly what you mean. I work with one of those at my other job. However, that's not Target-related, so I'll stop...

I've always found that it helps to ask to speak to the person in private, and be honest with her about your feelings. And, you're right, you don't have to like each other, but no one should have to work in a hostile work environment. Sheesh, now I'm sounding like an HR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back