Archived Team morale down is it just me or is other stores too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team morale at my store is way down no one cares. Nobody is getting hrs, Nothing is getting done, Back-ups all the time, Basically everyone at the store doesn't care what happens it is really sad. I remember last year it was semi tolerable working at my store but with the whole I do not care attitude at my store I dread coming into work. Am I alone here? Anyone else having this problem at their store?

Some days are better than others at my store but it seems like there's always an undercurrent of apathy.

I feel like it sometimes, just because I feel overwhelmed at the Pfresh/Market workload. We get practically no help at all, have to help salesfloor with calls, backup and even reshop, and get no help for fresh and full by 4. OH and zone all of market, all 40 something aisles of it.

There is a level of frustration that is growing.
I'm kind of curious to see how things hold up over the 4th quarter.

It is in my store especially on plano. Since we have a new tl that they had to go and hire outside for. The tl has no presentation knowledge. Cant even set a basic aisle. Now we just start planos all over the place and apparently it doesnt matter if they ever get pulled or pushed or even finished setting. Now the entire team even the previously really good tms have just given up. Every day I hear from other tms about the mistakes that are being made all over but I dont have the time to fix them and the tl doesnt care as long as its tied in and off the report.

It is in my store especially on plano. Since we have a new tl that they had to go and hire outside for. The tl has no presentation knowledge. Cant even set a basic aisle. Now we just start planos all over the place and apparently it doesnt matter if they ever get pulled or pushed or even finished setting. Now the entire team even the previously really good tms have just given up. Every day I hear from other tms about the mistakes that are being made all over but I dont have the time to fix them and the tl doesnt care as long as its tied in and off the report.

It's like as if you're at my store. This same thing happened to us. Hopefully yours will learn and eventually *get* plano. Ours didn't.

Endcaps are empty ,reverse aisle when it should not be etc ...it's fun to push product and move pegs ,shelves and fix messes ....
The morale is very low ,too many aquaintances ,family ( etl,stl,srtl) are getting hired ! We even have 3 generations in our store ! The thing is ,they know they can't get fired ,so they just shoot the breeze ! While other tm have to pick up their slacks !

One thing we were told by stl,she didn't want the store to become a focus store again , but I am sure it will!!!!

Most of this comes and goes every year with the same level of frustration,and somehow we are always able to get past the holidays,we have just lost our only experienced etl and I don't think that any of the rest were ever with Target at the start of the year,I always tell people to keep their heads up,stl/etls come and go but we are still here,but it a hard hit to loose an etl that you actually can like and respect,they are indeed a rare breed.

My location is disturbingly upbeat and all smiles all the freakin time. I really thought people were just messing with me my first few days, but the smiles and great attitude hasn't stopped and I see it when I'm not around as well. I've never been anywhere with such "high" morale. It doesn't even come off as fake/phony. I think the snacks in the breakroom are drugged or something lol, but hey maybe the people here are really genuinely happy to work here.. which is fine by me!

-Zen

I happens every time in October, more hours for new trainees & less hours for regular tm's.

My store didn't even get training hours. I heard rumours of hours sometime in November. God help us in starbucks if we open 10pm for black friday, only have 6 people right now.

Team morale at my store is way down no one cares. Nobody is getting hrs, Nothing is getting done, Back-ups all the time, Basically everyone at the store doesn't care what happens it is really sad. I remember last year it was semi tolerable working at my store but with the whole I do not care attitude at my store I dread coming into work. Am I alone here? Anyone else having this problem at their store?

Being that most of the team is comprised of college kids, we're AMAZINGLY apathetic. Though I have to admit: I'm a college graduate, so I'm more morose, probably, than anyone simply because Target was the only job I could really get. However, I just got a better job and thus, my mood enlightened. I'll hand in my two week notice soon and basically spend the rest of my time on "auto pilot"; I'm not pushing myself above and beyond for Target. They never really show us appreciation anyway... well in a way that really matters. (cough) livable wages!(cough) ;)

My location is disturbingly upbeat and all smiles all the freakin time. I really thought people were just messing with me my first few days, but the smiles and great attitude hasn't stopped and I see it when I'm not around as well. I've never been anywhere with such "high" morale. It doesn't even come off as fake/phony. I think the snacks in the breakroom are drugged or something lol, but hey maybe the people here are really genuinely happy to work here.. which is fine by me!

-Zen

They drank the Koolaid and went for their ritual brainwashing. Be careful.

I've been down to 28 hours in receiving for months. It's impossible to get everything done especially when I have 40 MIR's to deal with on top of everything else. Flow makes a mess with a lot of merchandise by throwing it down the aisles instead of stacking it. I can't believe they allow that kind of waste in the store.:angry:

I've been down to 28 hours in receiving for months. It's impossible to get everything done especially when I have 40 MIR's to deal with on top of everything else. Flow makes a mess with a lot of merchandise by throwing it down the aisles instead of stacking it. I can't believe they allow that kind of waste in the store.:angry:

Wow. In my store, regardless of how much other workcenters get cut, our receiver always gets his 40 hours.

If it's obvious that your workload is unreasonable or that your goal time is impossible, just don't even try. What's that, the goal time for a 2500 piece truck with 6 people is 5.2 hours, but since we only had 4 people show up the goal time is now 4.5 hours, and you would like to hear us get vocal during huddle about how we personally are aiming for a 3.9 hour stock time? Sneak this vibe in ima walk so slow pfresh killin' ice but the lean so cold.

Today was awful..... Suddenly they realized duh we need help well duh maybe if you scheduled more people..... They called people no one answered their phones ( not surprised) or called back ( not surprised) and we were short. I think again it has to do with team morale if we had a good team morale people probably show up but since we have a awful team morale people are not going to show up. Could be wrong though.....

Today was the release of the new iPods and the new Skylander's game. It was an unmitigated disaster.

They said that I could set the game release after 9:00 AM. We had a line at 8:00 AM. Needless to say that I did not get it done. We had two more call outs and in our store that means our entire closing team was gone. Our ETL's have now worked two 16 hour days in a row and they still have to set 21 more sales planner's.

Today was awful..... Suddenly they realized duh we need help well duh maybe if you scheduled more people..... They called people no one answered their phones ( not surprised) or called back ( not surprised) and we were short. I think again it has to do with team morale if we had a good team morale people probably show up but since we have a awful team morale people are not going to show up. Could be wrong though.....

You're absolutely right it is team morale! Also doesn't help that overtime is almost never allowed. Those are the people that would answer the phone and come in. My etl's can't seem to comprehend why team members don't want to come in on their day off to work 4 hrs to maybe take home $25 after taxes :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back