Archived Team morale down is it just me or is other stores too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im just about totally burned out with Target right now. I keep having to work all my weekends (Saturday and Sunday both) and still never get even 30 hours a week most of the time. This is all while most of the rest of the team gets weekends off at least a couple times a month. I have other complaints as well but Im afraid big brother Target will figure out who I am if I say more.

I put the sky landers out before we open on Sunday. Because they would go fast. My etl-hr took my advice for one.

My store has never been a happy environment by any means but currently everyone is a contradicting mix of burned out and wanting more hours. We went straight from 4th Quarter 2011 to PFresh remodel to Back-to-School to where we are now in Halloween preparing for 4th quarter. Right now sales and in turn hours are so horrible we are reduced to 2 people closing all of Hardlines. All that and the fact that people are getting tired of Target finding new ways to only recognize people with a card result in our terrible morale.

Vibe cards are a joke.
Nothing says "We care so little about recognizing you" than a do-it-yourself GTC.

6 months ago we had as many as 1000 great team cards on the board. Our team was doing a wonderful job of recognizing each other.

the morale has been heading downward. Enter new vibe cards.

since vibe started, there may be 30 cards up there and most of them are filled out just like great team cards - I don't think they are very effective.

I stored the extra cards away in a drawer, I don't think we'll need them.

They keep randomly giving us one of each card on a shift and then tell us to be sure to get each one filled out before the end of the shift. Usually at least one gets written to myself...and I stretch myself on the other ones.

that's awesome - your ETL's seem to communicate both with the team and each other.

that huge detail is lost on those in charge of our store.

I haven't heard one thing about vibe since I watched the idiotic video weeks ago.

I think the best thing to do is work together with your friends and coworkers and bring your grievances together to management. Don't forget, employees have the right to work together per the National Labor Act, so don't let them try to divide and conquer, United We Stand!

I wrote a Vibe card to myself the other day. I felt really icky about it. Yesterday, I brought it home and threw it away. I was embarrassed to see it sitting there. All the others I've filled out have been in the GTC format, for other people.

If asked to during a huddle, though, I will happily share a Vibe "moment" with the team...

Also, has anyone found any of the themes attached to a huddle to be demeaning? I don't want to get into specifics, but we had one the other day. If you didn't have Vibe moments, you were *term A* and if you did, you were *term B* and both terms were demeaning. I felt like we were all in elementary school and even the ETLs were children...

The back room may have the gtc's there. Fill one out for a flow or back room who helped you. Term a or term b, hasn't said at our huddles yet. Stay with gtc's ideas & post the tm's who helped you.

I mean yeah unofficially, do what hlm said ^^^^^^^^ but I behoove you to create your own amazing and toot your own vibe about it in the form of the vibe card!

Aren't we getting tired of an impossible workload, no hours, no help, no training, doing several jobs at once, stretched to the limit and still we are expected to have great guest service? We are the working poor and so are other retail employees. everyone talks about Walmart but Target is the same. Target gives money away to the government, advertising, racing teams, etc. but can't afford to give employees enough hours to finish their work?
Walmart employees are talking about walking out on Black Friday if things don't improve. If we want things to be better, we have to threaten the corporations bottom line.
We should walk out too.

The back room may have the gtc's there. Fill one out for a flow or back room who helped you. Term a or term b, hasn't said at our huddles yet. Stay with gtc's ideas & post the tm's who helped you.

The terms were specific to the theme of that one huddle (think theme like one you might have on National Ice Cream Day). The ETL-HR even had the nerve to jokingly ask if anyone was offended and the person who raised his hand was just being a joker about it. It was bad.

Aren't we getting tired of an impossible workload, no hours, no help, no training, doing several jobs at once, stretched to the limit and still we are expected to have great guest service? We are the working poor and so are other retail employees. everyone talks about Walmart but Target is the same. Target gives money away to the government, advertising, racing teams, etc. but can't afford to give employees enough hours to finish their work?
Walmart employees are talking about walking out on Black Friday if things don't improve. If we want things to be better, we have to threaten the corporations bottom line.
We should walk out too.
Wally World union guy.

Im all for doing a walk out, but screw the idea of Union Dews and watching them take that money and give it to politicians.

Unions work as long as your representative works. so if you get a lazy union rep you don't get in your territory.
About union dues. if you take home more pay even after dues, is it worth it?
about political contributions, target already does that so i think it's a moot point.

a message needs to be sent. whether that leads to a union is your choice. Protesting does not have to lead to unions.
people need to start making themselves be heard.

It's like that at my store to, when I first got hired everything was great typically in softlines but then people started dropping like flys an all the new hires they do end up getting are either a no show or come of a couple of days and then disappear. It's taking a tole on the whole store because they keep trying to provide us with people so it's not so stressful but now the pressure to perform is raised due to the fact there are only so many that will stay

a new low - a GSA just gave notice - will be done before BF.

no job to go to, just can't take the crap anymore

The greatest tragedy of Target is it's strong anti-union stance. I would love to be unionized, but...I'm afraid to even talk about it.

On subject, morale is pretty low at my store. We're a AA store too, which just makes it worse. Our old STL got promoted, who we loved to tears, and the new one isn't measuring up at all. Hours are cut because 'tis the season for that, and everyone except specialty teams are feeling the pinch. Hardlines and flow are getting hit the hardest. Nobody cares for the Vibe.

I'm expecting it to pick up in a month or so when we get the payroll we need.

I've found that morale starts from the top. If you have a terrible Store team leader, you get the trickle down effect. Got a great stl recently and morale is improving daily.

Reverselogistics, I've been at a lot of stores and the receiver always gets 40. Who is filling in the other hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back