TeamVoice Survey

I thought I remember communication that SD and maybe higher would be able to view results starting July 12th. But knowing my shitty SD they were bad and he’d rather sweep it under the rug.

I thought I remember communication that SD and maybe higher would be able to view results starting July 12th. But knowing my shitty SD they were bad and he’d rather sweep it under the rug.
One year ours must have been dismal, because no one under ETL ever got the results. Assuming the ETLs did, but who knows, it’s not like anything improved…🙄

We were told not to share with the hourly TMs, but my team had awesome results and not every team in the store can say that.

@Fluttervale, I wonder why your higher-ups were prohibited from sharing the TVS results with the hourly TMs?
Idk. I think because there’s one team that hates life in the store (for good reason) and it will cause even worse morale there to know that everyone else is happy. Plus the rest of us aren’t taking any more department transfers from that team because we’ve all been burned in the last few months trying to help with that.

For some reason, I haven’t taken the survey for the past 4 years. I remember back then, they made sure people took them. But I have been missing it.

Still no sharing in our store of the Teamvoice Survey results. I guess it's regarded as classified information in our district?

weird. part of q4 availability convos for us has been going over the top 2 issues collectively at our store based on teamvoice feedback, so

weird. part of q4 availability convos for us has been going over the top 2 issues collectively at our store based on teamvoice feedback, so
What were your stores top 2 issues, and how have you been incorporating that into the convos.

What were your stores top 2 issues, and how have you been incorporating that into the convos.

Recognition and development. You flat out ask.

What is meaningful recognition for you. Private? Public? Candy? Card? (Yes, we all want money, and feel free to say that. Just know that your TL can't really provide that solution). For some, it is being given something new to do while for others that would be a punishment. Tell me what works for you.

Do you like your current role? Are there other areas of the store that interest you? Are you interested in doing more with Target? How can I help? I am speaking a lot about Education Assistance as part of development convos as well.

I didn't take the Team Voice Survey but it's suspicious that it wasn't pushed very much my store's management.

I would like to see the participation rate by department.

Someone that unloads truck would have much different feedback than a cashier.

Someone that unloads truck would have much different feedback than a cashier.
in our store feedback from ALL departments was the same : lack of recognition and lack of development/advancement opportunities.

I think that was everyone’s way of saying they wanted to be paid more - not that leadership was actually holding back on recognition or opportunity.

I actually think our store does a lot of recognition. Verbally, with cards, gifts, food for the team.
And opportunities abound for anyone who truly WANTS to DO more.
problem is, most don’t want to - they want to be GIVEN more but not necessarily want to GIVE more.

problem is, most don’t want to - they want to be GIVEN more but not necessarily want to GIVE more.
I think that many see the people who do give more and don't receive anything extra so they see it as not worth it.
I go above and beyond to keep my department running when my TL isn't here, am consistently at the top of the metrics, and had nothing negative at my review, but only got 25 cents for my raise this year. Behavior like that doesn't exactly encourage anyone to give more than the bare minimum.

I think that many see the people who do give more and don't receive anything extra so they see it as not worth it.
I go above and beyond to keep my department running when my TL isn't here, am consistently at the top of the metrics, and had nothing negative at my review, but only got 25 cents for my raise this year. Behavior like that doesn't exactly encourage anyone to give more than the bare minimum.
This. I'm not going to break my neck for another 25 cent raise per year. Why bother? They aren't going to promote me, and who wants to be a manager anyway, they get shit on all the time.

The biggest metric that dropped over the past 2 years at my DC was the question that went something like ~"do you think Target is making smart decisions for its future as a corporation" LOL.
I’ve scored that one very dissatisfied the last couple years as these broken processes roll out.

This. I'm not going to break my neck for another 25 cent raise per year. Why bother? They aren't going to promote me, and who wants to be a manager anyway, they get shit on all the time.
TLs do get 💩 on all the time, micromanaged to death, held accountable for things they have no control over, and stressed to the max every day. It like working in a pressure cooker, and it’s not worth it. One of the worst parts of the job is seeing the hard-working TMs who are also killing themselves to get the job done and keep the metrics green getting the same pay and treatment as the slackers who do just enough to keep their jobs, and besides the occasional gift card or food treat, there’s absolutely nothing that the TL can do about it. Spot’s policy of paying everyone the minimum sets the standard of productivity at the minimum, whether that was Corporate’s plan or not.🙁

TLs do get 💩 on all the time, micromanaged to death, held accountable for things they have no control over, and stressed to the max every day. It like working in a pressure cooker, and it’s not worth it. One of the worst parts of the job is seeing the hard-working TMs who are also killing themselves to get the job done and keep the metrics green getting the same pay and treatment as the slackers who do just enough to keep their jobs, and besides the occasional gift card or food treat, there’s absolutely nothing that the TL can do about it. Spot’s policy of paying everyone the minimum sets the standard of productivity at the minimum, whether that was Corporate’s plan or not.🙁
And this way of working has a way of turning the hard workers into lazy ones. I admit I've grown a bit lazy. When I tried, all it got me was more work. Why bother trying hard, when all that gets you is a verbal warning for not finishing all your work (because fast service is GOD!/we're swamped with guests/etc)?

I'll stick with front end and do my best not to learn FF, because THOSE guys are always running. Yeah that might not make me any friends, but if I'm making $15/hr either way I'll take cleaning or cashiering. Less headache.

Back