TeamVoice Survey

GoForMe

Senior Team Member Expert
So, this is the new Annual survey that is replacing the Best Team Survey this year called the TeamVoice Survey that looks to start around next week. Glad to have this back after didn’t have it last year (with very little communication on it being postponed). Time for fun to begin. Maybe my store will actually discuss the results as they didn’t have a chat session for team members in 2019 and also 2018 and did not reveal the results of the BTS to anyone below team leader. I was able to see the results since a leader left them lying around in TMSC and see why team leaders and ETLs lied and said results were “confidential”.

Attachments

• 740DECD9-98B1-4C09-AA61-8EB0FA2168A6.jpeg
    740DECD9-98B1-4C09-AA61-8EB0FA2168A6.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 105
Comments are now an option for some questions. I know my store is going to write volumes about shitty leadership.
Speaking of comments I have noticed that the last few training sessions I have done have no comment section.

I took the safety one and would have liked to have commented on stacking U-Boats eight feet tall and letting uncertified TMs use the power equipment.

How can they tell I thought the survey was anonymous.
No. It is not really anonymous. You have to sign in to take the survey first of all. Everything you do when you log on is recorded. Two years ago, our STL and ETL knew it was the softlines team that rated them really low. So they had a few meetings with the softlines team and discussed the findings. There have been previous comments on this subject. A few people who accidentally saw the survey list. At one time it was anonymous because you didn't have to sign in to do it. But not anymore.

I told the truth. The team - TMs, TLs, and ETLs - are stressed. Way more ridiculous expectations and micromanaging with a decrease in hours plus reading all the news about record sales, stock price soaring, etc. makes for low morale.
It’s gonna take more than a Taco Tuesday or a pizza party to make up for it.

I told the truth. The team - TMs, TLs, and ETLs - are stressed. Way more ridiculous expectations and micromanaging with a decrease in hours plus reading all the news about record sales, stock price soaring, etc. makes for low morale.
It’s gonna take more than a Taco Tuesday or a pizza party to make up for it.

That was one of my comments, target always telling they are making record profits while in reviews we get told there isn't money for raises. So who is lying? Cause we, your employees are the reason you have a business and we kept that business running while the world shut down.

You can't opt out. But you certainly can pick neutral all the way through.
You absolutely can opt out. Just don’t take it. Unless your store is grabbing you and standing there watching to make sure you do it or something. We are to just mention the survey to people and hope for as much participation as possible.
Personally I don’t know why people don’t do the survey. It’s a chance to voice your opinion on matters. Maybe you’ll see change maybe you won’t. Yes sometimes they have been able to narrow down the groups unhappy. But if you are unhappy about something why wouldn’t you want to voice it and hope to see change. However you can’t just use it as a “bitch-fest”. If you have legitimate complaints be prepared to back them up as to why. Don’t like your leader, why? Can’t be just cause they make you work.

You absolutely can opt out. Just don’t take it. Unless your store is grabbing you and standing there watching to make sure you do it or something. We are to just mention the survey to people and hope for as much participation as possible.
Personally I don’t know why people don’t do the survey. It’s a chance to voice your opinion on matters. Maybe you’ll see change maybe you won’t. Yes sometimes they have been able to narrow down the groups unhappy. But if you are unhappy about something why wouldn’t you want to voice it and hope to see change. However you can’t just use it as a “bitch-fest”. If you have legitimate complaints be prepared to back them up as to why. Don’t like your leader, why? Can’t be just cause they make you work.
Opting out hasn't been offered as an option. At our store we are hounded. There is a list of tm's by the time clock with check marks and a request to write down when you took it. That doesn't really lend to the whole anonymous storyline. Team members aren't writing in the day that they took it in case it means that they can see which comments were made on a particular day. Nobody seems to have an issue with taking the survey, but many have concerns about retaliation later on. Yeah, yeah, yeah.... retaliation isn't allowed. Just call the anonymous hotline or go to another leader and report it.

Opting out hasn't been offered as an option. At our store we are hounded. There is a list of tm's by the time clock with check marks and a request to write down when you took it. That doesn't really lend to the whole anonymous storyline. Team members aren't writing in the day that they took it in case it means that they can see which comments were made on a particular day. Nobody seems to have an issue with taking the survey, but many have concerns about retaliation later on. Yeah, yeah, yeah.... retaliation isn't allowed. Just call the anonymous hotline or go to another leader and report it.
Not sure if it’s still the same but it used to be that the survey was done by a 3rd party company. Answers go to them and they compile the results to send back to the district and stores. Management was still able to narrow down some stuff to certain groups however they couldn’t view actual answers from TM’s. We have a checklist too but I know team members that lied and said they took it but didn’t. Personally while you do log in for it I feel it’s more anonymous then before. Questions used to ask if you were a TM or Lead and work center. Was on POG a long time ago and when it was only 4 tms it was pretty easy for them to narrow it down to us. But I also don’t answer anything on the survey that I’m not willing and able to back up and defend if brought to me.

Not sure if it’s still the same but it used to be that the survey was done by a 3rd party company. Answers go to them and they compile the results to send back to the district and stores. Management was still able to narrow down some stuff to certain groups however they couldn’t view actual answers from TM’s. We have a checklist too but I know team members that lied and said they took it but didn’t. Personally while you do log in for it I feel it’s more anonymous then before. Questions used to ask if you were a TM or Lead and work center. Was on POG a long time ago and when it was only 4 tms it was pretty easy for them to narrow it down to us. But I also don’t answer anything on the survey that I’m not willing and able to back up and defend if brought to me.
I've always answered in the same way. Pretty sure I had to say what my role was in the store, but not the work center. I was one of 2 on the Instocks team back in the day... there wasn't too much of a question where the answers to those questions came from! We had a terrible tl and it was obvious from the survey answers. (TL no longer with the company) I don't care if they know who I am, but others do. I've had leads that had no problem with retaliation via scheduling, work expectation, etc. and I'm still here and they are not. I'm pretty resilient, but there are those that don't have the confidence or the patience to survive.

Last edited:
That was one of my comments, target always telling they are making record profits while in reviews we get told there isn't money for raises. So who is lying? Cause we, your employees are the reason you have a business and we kept that business running while the world shut down.
The guests are the reason they have a business. No guests, no money coming in, no business. We are a means to an end.

Back