Tech or Market?

myDevice

GSA
I am looking to come back to target after taking a semi-long break.

If you had to choose between tech or market, what would you go for? Why? Just looking for some opinions.

thanks.

That is a tough one. Tech you don't have to worry about fast service, but you can end up having your own fast service, nothing sucks more than tv buyers when you close in 30 and your zone isn't done. Also you need to be self governing. In market you have leads that can help direct what needs to be done on a daily basis. Tech also needs knowledge of the area.

If you know electronics & can sell well, go for tech. If you are self motivated, effective communicator with others, & get tasks done without being asked or told too. Tech is your best bet.
Spot may pick the area for you. Choice may not be an option.

Tech, but I have no idea what your situation at the store you're applying to is like over there. I still would say Tech either way, but you may either have little hours to do anything or almost none and they put you in a department nearby to have someone who can assist people who need something unlocked or questions while also pushing and doing work for the other department.

Ahh yes, usually if one person can be relied on to do the truck, they will schedual him 5 opening shifts, this leaves you to fend for the rest with usually 2 other people. Market will probably get you more hours.

Well, I was talking about what's happening now due to cut hours, but that's still applicable.

For everyone asking, the positions I am looking into are at a Super.

Thank you all for your advice. I will just apply for both and see where they need me.

Best regards.

For everyone asking, the positions I am looking into are at a Super.

Thank you all for your advice. I will just apply for both and see where they need me.

Best regards.
So you’re going to apply for both and see where they need you?

I am looking to come back to target after taking a semi-long break.

If you had to choose between tech or market, what would you go for? Why? Just looking for some opinions.

thanks.
Why would you wanna go back. Find a place less stressful and dangerous. That's my opinion.

I was in tech for years. I also learned that I'm a very opinionated tech savvy douche who won't listen to customers. Honestly People are dumb when it comes to tech and I couldn't stand resellers over buying videogame consoles and old people who needs loading up their prepaid phones while people wait in line to check out at my register with NO electronic to purchase. On top of that you have no back up. Mobile people won't help so gtfo out of my boat.

I'm now in pfresh. More Physical work but I don't have to deal with people as much because they know what they want. Talking To people all day is very tiring plus with what's going on, id rather not interact with potential virus carriers. I treat all my customers everyday as infected zombies. I run away when someone coughs.

I work in Market currently and although it’s a ton of work, I somewhat enjoy it. I’m told what needs to be done everyday by my TL and by the end of my shift, everything is usually finished.

Back