Archived Television in the breakroom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, this is fairly minor in the grand scheme of things...but I worked Friday and everything was fine. I had Saturday off. Sunday, the only channels we were getting were the Direct tv crap stuff. No major networks like ABC, NBC, CBS. No gameshow network, food network, tv land....basically about 10 channels and half of them were infomercials. Has anyone else experienced it this weekend? Did Spot forget to pay the bill?

Nice. Looks like my store forgot! Or cut it out of the budget.

Yeah, it happens at my store a lot too.

One day we will have good stations, then the next it will be Jewelry Showcase for 50 hours straight lol!

Our breakroom plays endless courtroom tv shows during the day and news/whatevers on primetime broadcast tv during closing shifts. Can't complain though, better than other work places probably have

Our breakroom plays endless courtroom tv shows during the day and news/whatevers on primetime broadcast tv during closing shifts. Can't complain though, better than other work places probably have

I loved watching Judge Joe Brown while i was on my 30 when I worked for spot lol.

My store is lucky, I suppose. We have DirectTV, and our ETL's only forget to pay once every couple months...

The real question is, what do you have for TV's? About 2 years ago we had a couple Samsung 50" TV's go Salvage... Our STL at the time let us keep them for our training room and break room!

Talk about fancy.

Ok...apparently we have DirectTV because we won some prize some years back...so ours is paid (or not) by corporate. So whenever corporate decides to pay the bill, we'll get it back. And I guess sometimes it's been months. :p

The first store I worked at, had Comcast. We had a very basic lineup with like 60 channels. Our TV was a old 50inch that constantly played the Game Show network, or prime time TV.

The second store I worked at, had Directv. We had a nice lineup of channels, but we had a problem with other TM's stealing the remote. Honestly, I enjoyed watching some of the Court TV channels.

We have a tv in the breakroom but it's only used for training videos and whenever they decide to show movies or one time it was I Love Lucy shows. It's never on for just tv ever.

The first store I worked at, had Comcast. We had a very basic lineup with like 60 channels. Our TV was a old 50inch that constantly played the Game Show network, or prime time TV.

The second store I worked at, had Directv. We had a nice lineup of channels, but we had a problem with other TM's stealing the remote. Honestly, I enjoyed watching some of the Court TV channels.

Maybe they just misplaced it

All my stores got TV over air on clearanced Magnavox analog TVs except my Super where they had 2 black leather couches in front of a 50" big screen.

It has nothing to do with a sense of entitlement. I was amazed the first time I walked into the break room and saw it, tbh. But I like the privilege, and was curious if this is was company-wide or a store thing. And I now I'm finding it interesting how everyone's break rooms are set up for that.

My Target should save money and order no channels but GSN. "Family Feud" and "Minute to Win it" are the only things ever playing.

Jerry Springer, Maury (who's the baby-daddy?) & court shows are all we ever get...
If I'm alone, I turn it down or off (if I can find the remote).

I've been known to hide a remote - the breakroom is close to my office and sometimes it's so loud it's annoying.

At my store, we always have it on GSN (for old Family Feud and Baggage), [local stations] (for news, football, The Price Is Right, or new Family Feud), or [sports station] (for hockey games - as you can imagine, we haven't seen any of those lately). We used to always have TruTV on, but the two guys who were fans have since left Target.

I've been known to hide a remote - the breakroom is close to my office and sometimes it's so loud it's annoying.

So THAT'S where the remote was when America's Next Top Model was on at full volume!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back