Tell us something stupid your ETL has said

Is that unreasonable to ask?
Not if it's something related to the work environment which could be changed and the TM wants to work more hours. But if it's just nosiness into the TM's personal life, then it's not an okay question.
Maybe a better way to put it would be, "Hey, would you be interested in picking up more hours on a regular basis? You're really on top of your area [or whatever the TM does], and it'd be great to give you more hours if you're interested."

Sort of but then again your availability is what ever you want it to be whether is be a second job, child care, etc.

In the past when Target used to tell me the more open your availability the more hours which ended up being BS.

People are quitting retail in droves because they can find a less stressful job with more flexibility.

In my mystore some are quitting because Target is denying their vacation because they have no one to take their hours.

Yep. We are having rash of people quitting since we are so short handed and they are refusing time off requests, "We don't have coverage." But the same ETL that says this goes around telling people she is going to Europe for three weeks at the end of the month.. Then bitch don't tell us we are short handed, if you get to go to Europe when "billy" can't take two days to go 4-wheelin'. No wonder he fucking walked out.

Not if it's something related to the work environment which could be changed and the TM wants to work more hours. But if it's just nosiness into the TM's personal life, then it's not an okay question.
Maybe a better way to put it would be, "Hey, would you be interested in picking up more hours on a regular basis? You're really on top of your area [or whatever the TM does], and it'd be great to give you more hours if you're interested."
Hmm, I could see that. I asked because the ETL, me and the other TL all know why our TMs want the hours they want, and it's not an invasive or unwelcome discussion in any case. Maybe if the ETL never went out of their way to have some sort of friendly relationship to the TMs, that question could come off confrontational or nosy.

It was just some guy trying to page his girlfriend. No disability. That would be the first thing I would mention or ask the guest if I were looking for a disabled adult.

Hmm, I could see that. I asked because the ETL, me and the other TL all know why our TMs want the hours they want, and it's not an invasive or unwelcome discussion in any case. Maybe if the ETL never went out of their way to have some sort of friendly relationship to the TMs, that question could come off confrontational or nosy.
It did seem nosy to me! Clearly, at the time, he was irritated with me for not wanting to work more than 20 hours/week.

Back