Temporary team lead

I've been offered a temp tl position while a different lead is on maternity leave. I don't have to interview or anything I'll just get the raise and title until she gets back Is how they explained it to me.

Has anyone successfully gone from temp to permanent tl and what was the process like ?

🥕The carrot dangling doesn’t usually work out too well, but at least you will get the TL pay temporarily and have a chance to experience what it is like to be a TL. Think stress, massive amounts of stress, after which you may not even want to be a TL, but if you do still want to be in leadership, even at another company, you will at least have some of that all-important “management experience “. Good luck!😁

Both times that we have had temp TLs in my store they never got demoted. If you do well there is probably a spot for you in your district if not your store. It also depends on what you are covering since there are more GMTLs and they are seemingly dropping like flies around spot that you would have a better chance at finding a position. If your covering an area like starbucks or SETL it might be harder to stay once they come back.

Back