Archived Termed because of an i9 error?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all! I have been at Target for about two months now. I guess when I signed all my paperwork at orientations, something went wrong with the I9 form. Well, as of today, I can't log in to registers, RF apps, or clock in. I had to do one of those paper time sheet forms. I also can't long on to eHR. What I'm wondering is, is all this going to effect my pay in any way? It all seems like a hassle for something so small to fix. Thanks!

My ETL said it happened to her and lasted about a week but it all got straightened out....oh, and my ETL said that termed in this sense isn't like being fired, it's termed out of the systems

Annie, you around?
I remember when I did paperwork for employees that if there were problems with the I9 it made things very problematic at our book store.
Both times that I remember, things got straightened out but they couldn't work till it did.

Annie, you around?
I remember when I did paperwork for employees that if there were problems with the I9 it made things very problematic at our book store.
Both times that I remember, things got straightened out but they couldn't work till it did.

That's weird. I'm still on the schedule for the next two weeks.

If your I9 wasn't filed right (or was kicked back, I'm assuming you're legal) the feds will take a dim view of Spot having you continue to work without it getting fixed ASAP.
Now things may have lightened up since I was doing this stuff which was right around 9/11 so I could be wrong.

It is highly suggested to talk to your hr, tl etl without delay. You may of been termed out of system by mistake. What did they say when you reported for your shift?

I9 forms are tricky. If there is anything wrong with them they get rejected. It's a federal document do it is super important that the HR team completes them correctly. It might take some time to get it straightened out, but it might (dont take my word for it) delay your pay a bit. But talk to your HR ASAP

Thanks everyone. I have talked to my ETL and the HR lady and they explained that pretty much it was an error on whoever processes the forms. We successfully submitted everything but something went awry after that. It happened to another guy that got hired around the time I did too and they said it too, around 5 days to get it straightened out. Apparently it was suggested by the higher ups that since it wasn't our error I could keep working and just have to fill out manual punch sheets

We have to send all completed I9s to tmsc. If there's even the smallest thing wrong with it they'll reject it. They recently switched to a new I9 form and your hr person probably missed something as they're getting used to it. Talk to them right away and they will handle it don't worry.

Sorry for delay.
Glad issues are fixed. I-9s are important every day. So much so if we miss a date, miss a signature, just the smallest thing- its rejected. Should be fixed right away though. Tmsc sends an email notice, and there is a report available to notify hr team. Since it took so long, it shows that your hr team didn't notice in a timely manner. Usually these things are handled without tm involvement. Again, glad it's fixed.

Happened to me too. It was about a week before I could punch in. I was still working and everything though,doing punch corrections and logging in the PDA with my TL number. It was HR's fault and not mine apparently,the HR team member got fired for being bad at her job. I was told this happened many times with the same HR person being at fault. I'm sure though it wasn't the only reason why she got fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back