Archived TERMED ON MONDAY- NO CALL BACK-Please give advice !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was termed on Tuesday by HL ETL. The ETL that termed me has been the subject of several chat sessions. He is extremely abusive and rude. The HR person says that he is young and still learning. I was written up for a month old incident in which
I was screamed at for asking for a replacement blade.(Claimed that asking not to be spoken to in that manner was not best practice):huh: The ETL said that HR would call me because I requested a corporate call.
NO RESPONSE. The STL had to intervene with previous manager for abusive language. I am giving as little info as I can because I dont want the blowback from them.

Any Advice would help.

Thanks
Rowman

Call back, ask to speak with HR or STL. If no response by monday afternoon, call integrity hotline!

I'm so sorry to hear you've been put through all of this. Please don't forget to file a complain with the Employee Relations and Integrity Hotline! 800-541-6838 or by filing a written complain with on eHR through the Let Us Know program. You have to do that before you a locked out of that website, so do it today! I'm not quite understanding why you are afraid of blowback if you have been termed? They can't do anything more to you, why worry about giving more details?
I was termed on Tuesday by HL ETL. The ETL that termed me has been the subject of several chat sessions. He is extremely abusive and rude. The HR person says that he is young and still learning. I was written up for a month old incident in which
I was screamed at for asking for a replacement blade.(Claimed that asking not to be spoken to in that manner was not best practice):huh: The ETL said that HR would call me because I requested a corporate call.
NO RESPONSE. The STL had to intervene with previous manager for abusive language. I am giving as little info as I can because I dont want the blowback from them.

Any Advice would help.

Thanks
Rowman

Thanks for the quick reply. Any general advice on how to approach HR. My Write up was not signed by the HR person.

You can ask to see them for a formal termination interview.
It sounds like (with very little info to go on) you need to go over the situation in detail with them.
Keep your cool, write everything down, and be polite no matter what.

We need more info. Are you seasonal? I think some details are missing. Hr doesn't have to do write up, your tl or etl can. They don't have to call you back, either. Did you ask for the blade in a threatening manner towards others? Review your documents carefully, talk to hr-etl or Stl at the store. Calling the hotline would be ineffective, they would contact your Stl. He would tell them about write ups, etc.

Calling the ER Hotline would be effective if the title of this post was correct, that the TM has already been termed. It would be the only option, the time for talking to the supervisors and managers at the store was during the termination meeting.
We need more info. Are you seasonal? I think some details are missing. Hr doesn't have to do write up, your tl or etl can. They don't have to call you back, either. Did you ask for the blade in a threatening manner towards others? Review your documents carefully, talk to hr-etl or Stl at the store. Calling the hotline would be ineffective, they would contact your Stl. He would tell them about write ups, etc.

Integrity hotline does nothing. It routs direct to the STL and then they partner with the ETL-HR. It's just an extra step and complete waste of time. Go to your HR. That's why they are there. Ask for clarification.

While many understandably feel the ER hotline is a waste of time, if the problems you are having is with your ETL HR and your STL, there is no other option but the written Let Us Know Program or to phone the ER Hotline. The fact of the matter is that Target used to give hourly employees their ERDR otherwise known as the Employee Relations District Resource, which is the District Manager above the STL & ETL HR, but they no longer allow the hourly employees to use that person as a resources, they also forbid employees to use the HRBP - Human Resources Business Partner (the person ABOVE the ETL HR) This is where Unions would be VERY helpful to anyone who is Hourly (TL and below) to give them someone to fight for them in their own behalf.
Integrity hotline does nothing. It routs direct to the STL and then they partner with the ETL-HR. It's just an extra step and complete waste of time. Go to your HR. That's why they are there. Ask for clarification.

i know we had an ETL actually let go due to one complaint to Integrity Hotline so it may work for some

The shame of it is the the ER complaints go directly to the ETL HR and STL to do the investigation about THEMSELVES!
i know we had an ETL actually let go due to one complaint to Integrity Hotline so it may work for some

How come so many people who have complained to the ER Hotline say they are receive retaliation in the workplace when they file a complaint then?
The shame of it is the the ER complaints go directly to the ETL HR and STL to do the investigation about THEMSELVES!

Haven't seen an exec let go b/c of integrity hotline but at my previous store it was the reason that 2 TLs and a TM were let go... Our leadership there didn't do anything and over half of them left within 2 months of those firings some on their own terms and others on Targets terms for being "ineffective" as one of them ranted on their way out.

I haven't heard of it either. But I have seen the opposite happen, those filing the complaint with the ER hotline.
Haven't seen an exec let go b/c of integrity hotline but at my previous store it was the reason that 2 TLs and a TM were let go... Our leadership there didn't do anything and over half of them left within 2 months of those firings some on their own terms and others on Targets terms for being "ineffective" as one of them ranted on their way out.

If a store gets more than 2 hotline calls in a year, they will start to attract some unwanted attention from HQ.

It does have an effect. You may not see it, but it does impact the STL and the ETL staff in a bad way.

The hotline is useful for it's intended purposes, integrity issues. Calling it because someone is rude or didn't approve your availability is a waste of time (and yes they do know who called most of the time because it is not hard to figure out). I have had several hotline calls and nothing has ever come of them because it's just whiny TMs who are being held accountable to their job. Go to the ETL-HR or STL and see what's going on.

The Employee Relations and Integrity Hotline has LOTS of intended purposes, but unfortunately usually the only productive things that come from calls there is those who want to turn in coworkers who they've seen stealing. Whoever said it's usually whiners is an insensitive jerk. People call with plenty of legitimate reasons that if Target was UNIONIZED such bad treatment would NEVER exist!
The hotline is useful for it's intended purposes, integrity issues. Calling it because someone is rude or didn't approve your availability is a waste of time (and yes they do know who called most of the time because it is not hard to figure out). I have had several hotline calls and nothing has ever come of them because it's just whiny TMs who are being held accountable to their job. Go to the ETL-HR or STL and see what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back