Archived Terminated for not taking breaks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I read on a FB post that TMs can be fired for not taking their breaks. Is that accurate? I understand punched out meal breaks, but 15s? There are a lot of days I don’t take either of my 15s because I’m so busy. Can I get in trouble for that? (Not sure if anyone even notices that I don’t always take them).

So I read on a FB post that TMs can be fired for not taking their breaks. Is that accurate? I understand punched out meal breaks, but 15s? There are a lot of days I don’t take either of my 15s because I’m so busy. Can I get in trouble for that? (Not sure if anyone even notices that I don’t always take them).
Yes, you can be written up for not taking your breaks. Not sure if anyone has ever been fired, though.

Your paid to take them so might as well. Healthy for the mind too.

I'll never understand people working through their breaks. It's essentially working for free. If you feel the need to help poor Target, why not ask for a pay reduction?

Honestly, it just doesn’t ever occur to me to take one until it’s nearly time for my lunch. I actually like my sfs job, it’s all the bs that goes along with it that I don’t like, so when I’m picking/packing I’m just in that zone.

Take your breaks. You deserve them. Target doesn’t deserve you. They should be grateful for people like you. You sound like most of my morning SFS team. They only take their meals, not their 15’s. Everyone needs a short rest :) don’t want you to have a meltdown!

Actually it is company policy that you take your breaks and in a select few states even law. Some stores management doesn’t really focus on breaks, other stores I figure they might. Regardless, skipping breaks is just as bad as skipping a lunch.

I worked check lanes the past few weeks and got tired of always having to walkie for someone to cover my break. It gets to the point where I'd rather skip it, then have to ask someone to cover for me. I wish leaders would have at least an idea of when cashier breaks are since you can't just walk off the floor.

eh sometimes i just honestly forget and just end up going on lunch or i don’t have coverage (which i know i should speak up, but oh well it doesn’t really phase me). my one gstl forces me to because i “deserve it” and i do take 15s sometimes especially if i really need one, but lots of times i can just find a relaxing task like doing one spot... i’m away from guests (for the most part) and i like organizing, so i kind of treat that as a little break. i’m a loser tho

also, have a obsessive coworker that i try to avoid at all costs and he always finds me when i take 15s and my meal no matter where i am

If I work the full day in SFS, I often don't have time to take my second break because it's getting close to pack/UPS time and I can't afford to just bail for 15 so close to time. I get judged for taking it, since I often have to take my lunch as late as possible and then it's already time for another break. I'm just not a fast enough worker for the demands they make, and if I'm picking/packing alone, forget it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back