Terminated

I went on medical leave 2nd week of Oct. Well when it was my return date on the oct 24t. I had to miss more work. I got a doctor not and my new return date was Nov 2nd.

I go into work after working 3 hours. Well they said hr needed to speak to me. I worked there over a year. Another coworker working overtime had brought a conversation up that shouldn't been discussed at work. Me just listening like ok sure. Just so he didnt think I was being rude and flip the switch on me.

He went and told hr I was talking about drugs etc. I'm like one I didnt know nothing about his wife until he brought the conversation up.

This was maybe a week before I went on leave. He has been there less then 3 months and he spoke about it. Well I got terminated for his wrong doing.? Maybe I could have went and told hr about conversation. But I'm not a snitch and really didnt care honestly.

But the thing is if it was true. Why would a person from another shift report me vs my team members i have worked with over a year. Now something isnt right with the picture. As target us a 0 drug free place. But I didnt even know nothing until he spoke. But I get punished because I told her I take medication for my back and try not to take it at work unless absolutely need too.

And none of my fellow workers new I took. Because if they did it would be more as oh she may be misusing them. So I told the hr lady to back fill my time the same day but unsure if will receive it. I'm a mom of 4. And after being on leave for 3 weeks 75% and was ready to work.

To just be terminated over some nonsince right before the holidays. So before I walked out I said if I was soliciting drugs would these be in my bottle? Kinda feel more like pinpointing because of my disability for my back and them saying yes she brought the conversation up.
Like hello I need them for me. I was making good money. What do I look like trying to become a criminal now I work for my money. All honestly I just got 2nd raise in sept. I believe was finding any reason fire the old bring seasonal workers in to pay less then when get caught up they get let go.

But if already short staff you fire someone off main shift from someone on another. Ok. Sorry felt like venting because I know I didnt do wrong or do it. But fingers still got point. They said you can appeal it. I said what do I look like appealing something if I was falsely accused of something i know I didn't do and wasnt going to admit and lie if i didnt.

Last edited:
I'm sorry I didnt realize was that long until now. Hopefully it is a little better. But long story short I went on leave. When I returned I was terminated over supposedly soliciting drugs.

But a employee was talking about his wife took money and bought pills.. Somehow by me listening to him. He went to report I said something about selling to his wife.

So he brought up drugs at target and I didnt really see why to snitch on him. Because that's his wife and his business.

So they believed someone another the weekday shift. And I work weekends. I worked there over a year. And he was only there for 3 months.

If this was true why would it take for me to go on leave and come back? Then terminated, as my team members would have said something about this if it was true.
I told the hr lady to back fill my time and she said she would. But I have yet seen it.
I seen this group and figure to rant a little. So I appreciate anyone who reads.

I'm sorry I didnt realize was that long until now. Hopefully it is a little better. But long story short I went on leave. When I returned I was terminated over supposedly soliciting drugs.

But a employee was talking about his wife took money and bought pills.. Somehow by me listening to him. He went to report I said something about selling to his wife.

So he brought up drugs at target and I didnt really see why to snitch on him. Because that's his wife and his business.

So they believed someone another the weekday shift. And I work weekends. I worked there over a year. And he was only there for 3 months.

If this was true why would it take for me to go on leave and come back? Then terminated, as my team members would have said something about this if it was true.
I told the hr lady to back fill my time and she said she would. But I have yet seen it.
I seen this group and figure to rant a little. So I appreciate anyone who reads.
Lordy. Sorry you were terminated, but TMI.

I'm sorry @Britt97 but it sounds like they just didn't want the hassle of figuring out who was right and you had taken leave so it was easier to dump you.
It was lazy and bad management but you probably can't fight it unless you have the time and money for a lawyer.
This is how they get away with a lot of bad decisions but they probably have the paperwork buttoned up.
That is one thing they seem to be good at.

I hope you find a new job quickly and this doesn't hurt you too much.

Back