Archived terms across the land

Status
Not open for further replies.

consume

凸(-_-)凸
Here's another thing I find interesting, and curious if any of you have noticed others..

So I started on the west coast, they had baskets of gobacks, where I'm at in the south, it's a basket of stray.. Been to multiple stores down here so I know it's the same.. On this forum, I've now seen a basket of reshop a few times..

There's gotta be others

From MPLS here, been in two stores.

One called them "abandons", the other called them "strays"

I've heard the term "reshop" on these boards plenty, but never heard that one in either store.

I came up calling it unshop, but that could just be the environment.... makes sense when you think about it

Im sure there are other terms we say differently also.. What do you guys call a cart attendant losing 30 carts with a pusher and having them launch off towards some Lexus/bmws

Coached for overloading the cart mover :)
Lol, the old metal carts you could load a TON on that pusher... I did 100 once later in the evening and got caught by some ETL (who later got termed for tackling a shoplifter), and got coached pretty hard for it lol.

Barcode said:
Coached for overloading the cart mover :)
Lol, the old metal carts you could load a TON on that pusher... I did 100 once later in the evening and got caught by some ETL (who later got termed for tackling a shoplifter), and got coached pretty hard for it lol.
The plastic ones broke from the pusher also, i remember when they issued those little caps for where they break near the handle

Im sure there are other terms we say differently also.. What do you guys call a cart attendant losing 30 carts with a pusher and having them launch off towards some Lexus/bmws

Getting termed.

Depending on how old cart pusher is, the cart limited is 25 on our machine.
Our wiki forum has a lot of spot terms too.

I mean happy and loving his job *cough*

It's reshop at our store and we roll our eyes at each ETL that says it differently, especially since it is listed as reshop in all target handbooks. Never understood how the other terms came up. I've also heard operators get titled receptionists at other stores. Seems like a mouthful to me.

Reshop or strays is used interchangeably at my store. Abandons, go backs, and foreign will all get you beat at my store.

Former Minnesota team member here... We either called it "Abandons" or "reshop"

My store is abandons, except for the STL who says strays. My store is also PDT and LPDA. No PDA. TMs from another store in our district were confused.

At our store reshop are the returns. We only use the term abandons on Black Thursday/Friday to describe all of the items that are "abandoned" throughout the store from guests who have left them lay.

My store calls items lying throughout the store where they don't belong "abandons," but we switch terms to "reshop" when we push them back out.

We call it reshop in my store, I hear strays every now and then from various leadership but 99% of the time it's reshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back