Archived Thanksgiving off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

noelsas

Captain of the U.S.S. Electronics
So, a while back I tried my luck at a request to not start on Thanksgiving until after 10pm (at the time I thought we would be opening at 8) and to my surprise, they cleared it. Now that the schedule is up, under Thursday it says "time off" for the whole day and for Friday I'm not scheduled until 11am. I flipped through everyone else's schedule and I am the only person with "time off" for Thanksgiving. Is this some kind of gigantic error or oversight? I keep getting nervous that I'm going to be told that I have to work or something at the last minute when someone realizes. Also, I feel guilty about everyone else being stuck there. I keep getting the "how bad is your shift?" question and don't know how respond. I feel on eggshells about it. Is this going to cause problems with other TMs? Aren't Thanksgiving requests supposed to be denied?

Do NOT say anything, You got lucky. Just tell the people who ask you how bad your shift is that you still have to look.

There is a good number of people at my store who they gave off Thanks Giving regardless if they took it off or not.

You asked for it and they granted it.. be happy. If you don't want to let others know, just say you can't remember..They all know I can't quote my schedule until the morning of my schedule..I check it before I go to bed..

Yeah quite a few people in my store (including me) have Thanksgiving and BF off. Best not to say anything to anyone.

90 days before Thanksgiving I went to request the day off, I did the same for Easter Sunday and December 24 and I received them off

Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely happy and I was never going to say anything to anyone about it, haha. I guess I'm just paranoid... :oops:

Congrats. Some team lead or HR who approved that is going to get a tongue lashing. They probably didn't realize November 27 was Thanksgiving.

Every year I love flipping through the schedule and seeing who got both Thanksgiving and Black Friday off. They are special snowflakes.
I just flipped the page to see who's working Electronics

They pretty much put 3 newbies on opening and 2 vets from Plano and Instocks.

Every year I love flipping through the schedule and seeing who got both Thanksgiving and Black Friday off. They are special snowflakes.
I just flipped the page to see who's working Electronics

They pretty much put 3 newbies on opening and 2 vets from Plano and Instocks.
Just 5 electronics tms? Your store must be extremely low volume. We have about 14 TM's for the entire duration of Thanksgiving-Black Friday, then about 20 if you count the entire weekend. We also have about 5 TL's doing crowd control in Electronics, we get swamped, imagine all of those History Channel programs on the Revolution and Civil War with all the men charging in the field, yeah that's what our electronics looks like, minus the muskets, bright outfits, etc...

As others said, count your blessings. I was fortunate enough to be blessed with an overnight shift (12am -8:30am) with the rest of Friday off. Many others at my store will be doing split shifts those days.

The irony at my store , all the non US born were not scheduled on thanksgiving ( including myself ) ...and we are the ones who don't celebrate it !

My friend put in for the 27th and 28th off about three months ago. It got approved. When ETL-HR asked him about availability, he pointed out that he got it off. ETL-HR is raging mad at our HRTM for letting that one slip through. I just hope they don't performance him out over it, he's probably one of our best hardlines TMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back