Archived That "they're just dying to fire me" Paranoia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean... is it just me? Maybe my store is going through a rough time right now, but I am walking on the most delicate of egg shells. I feel like my store has some team members who have done some horrible things (malicious destruction of store property, which led to another team member's injury, for example), or call out 5 or 6 times a month, and they're here forever. And then we see other team members get thrown to the wolves for being yellow on Red Card conversion 2 months in a row.

I honestly go into work everyday feeling like they'll have a reason to either demote me, cut my hours even FURTHER (they're not at much to begin with), or straight out fire me. And it's not a guilty conscience... I've always followed the rules, but over the past 6 months I've been adhering obnoxiously to everything.

So, is it just me? I'm going on 2 years with Target... so I'm far from new, but I haven't been around long enough to really know the "game" either.

sounds like you have some leadership that is having trouble being consistent - don't worry about things you cannot control, do your best each day. Carry on

The ETLs at my store do not know how to lead, motivate, inspire, or create a positive work environment. They believe in creating a constant air of fear or anxiety anxiety to get "results".

Haha, I know that feeling. I just had an hour and a half meeting with my ETL-HR and another team member today about that very problem.

Hey man i have the exact same issue so i know where your comin from, i think it stems from upper mngmt. our store has one who is like a highschool freshman wanting to be the top dog and she instills fear in us all.....and a sense of loathing hate lol. but long story short just keep what your doing and you will be fine. trust me karma is a *****, they will get theres one of these days.

The ETLs at my store do not know how to lead, motivate, inspire, or create a positive work environment. They believe in creating a constant air of fear or anxiety anxiety to get "results".

Thats what they should expect when they hire fresh college grads with little to zero work experience

They already know they don't need ETLs who are going to lead, motivate, inspire, or even create a positive work environment. They just ETLs who can read their scripts and convey corporate's message. Target views their ETLs as just as disposable and easily replaced as the rest of the team members.

Other people have this?! I swear I leave work going,"they're going to fire me!" At minimum once a week. And seeing as how they've dramatically cut my hours and basically only give me night shifts it sometimes feel like they're trying to get me to quit. But I'm glad I'm not the only one who fees this way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back