Archived The Bench

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was just told yesterday by one of the team leads that my name was brought up in the last team lead meeting for being on the 'bench'. If someone's on the bench it means they have potential to be a team lead and to go through the interview process. The next step is the pipeline, meaning that interviews are in the process or you're waiting for a position to be opened. Anyone else ever been on the bench and actually got a team lead position out of this? Or should I just keep my hopes down?

I'm on the bench right now, but in my district being "benched" means you've passed your interviews and are just waiting for a spot to become available. My district benches TMs for TL, TLs for SrTL, ETLs for STL, STLs for DTL, etc. we've had a lot of people get promoted this way. We usually have people benched at all levels (I'm pretty sure DTLs are required to have a bench for high potential ETLs and STLs), which makes filling positions much easier and smooth when promotional opportunities come up.

Being on the "Bench" mean you have interviewed at the store and district level and have been signed off on. Being on the Bench, means you are fully ready to step into a Team Leader role at any moment when one becomes available. Ive recently just sent three people I was mentoring to our DTL for interviewing and they are now on the "bench". Pipeline, comes before the bench...

Ah, well then my team lead must have been confused with the terms. She told me the opposite. It makes sense though. I would think being 'on the bench' would mean waiting to get a position. Hopefully something may come out of this and I'll get a team lead position. I've been with the company for six years. It'd be nice to move on up.

Ah, well then my team lead must have been confused with the terms. She told me the opposite. It makes sense though. I would think being 'on the bench' would mean waiting to get a position. Hopefully something may come out of this and I'll get a team lead position. I've been with the company for six years. It'd be nice to move on up.

Sounds like you are on the radar to get into interviews. Congrats and good luck!

I am on the bench now and am waiting to be slotted into a position.... From what I hear it is worth it to go through the interviews I am told it pays off in short time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back