Archived The Bench

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went for interviews a few weeks ago. Everything went well, my DTL signed off on me and I was told a couple days later I was on the bench, but we had no positions available. I've worked logistics for the last 2 years, and part of the time when plano needed me for large sets or overnights I worked with them too. My question is pretty straightforward, our plano lead is leaving for other opportunities. I recently switched workcenters to the presentation team. Everyone assumes I will just be tossed into the TL role for that team.... Is that how this is gonna work? Honestly I know less about what's going on with that team than the newest team member on that team.... Or will I get to wait and pick and choose which area would suit me? I've been trolling the boards a while and see that most of you say salesfloor is the best place for a new TL to gain their bearings. Is there anything I should know about leading plano other than the ridiculous miracle working they expect us to do and my massive upcoming headaches? These next few weeks are hell on the workload and hours, we can only use 240 maximum with the size of our team, we've already got a few people spreading out for us to help us and gave softlines/market team as much of the workload as they could possibly take and still maintain their areas too.
Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks.

A good chance they will send you off for a week of training depending on your knowledge of Plano. Dek or tot, we need some help here, please.

Its up to your STL ultimately. They may tell another TL they need to move to plano if they don't feel you are capable.

In my store when one TL moves or leaves, it usually generates a big shuffle, that doesn't always make sense to the rest of us, but generally has some purpose. For example, one of our Hardlines TL's stepped down, so the Grocery TL moved to Hardlines, the Backroom TL moved to grocery, Instocks went to the backroom, etc, etc. Your STL (and maybe ETL's) will figure out where they want you and move everyone accordingly. (You probably won't have a say in it though.) Good luck!

I think it's a mix between what grannypricing said about challenging you as well as the needs of your store and the amount of TM's on the bench in your district. When there was an STL/DTL meeting recently in our district a position opened at another store for Flow TL and my STL recommended me immediately even though I've worked in logistics for 4 or 5 years now. Frankly I'm glad I jumped on the opportunity that was offered as our store is just now rolling out the AE changes regarding ETL and TL positions being reduced. And don't really worry too much about what you know/don't know; as I said I've been in logistics awhile and they still had me train for 3 weeks on it (just finished today actually).

That being said don't forget it's ultimately what YOU want. You can certainly wait for a different position to open up; just realize that with the new AE roll out leadership positions are shifting around and competition is going to step up a bit. Good luck to you either way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back