Archived The best sale ever!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
29uzxwx.jpg

I had a few of those signs too. I laughed when I see a 11 by 11 sign, says in the middle, used sign number to print this sign.

We used to get those occasionally on adset.
Why anybody would put them up I don't know, unless it was it was just as a joke.

My other favorite were ones that would print with the sale price but no product name.

Those are good burritos, though.

I love it! I needed a good laugh to warm me up today. I'm in the south and we had our power go out last night from 8 to around 12:30. I heard they even evacuated the local Wal-Mart.
OK, now back to your regularly scheduled thread which is already in progress :pardon:.

we had a couple of signs that printed out .5% off. We also had a guest complain that she wanted the girls circo pants for just over a dollar a piece because of a sign misprint. The sign said 4 for 412 (obviously the 2nd 4 was supposed to be a dollar sign)...well as I pointed out to the GSA....there was no decimal point so if she wanted to pay $103 for a pair of pants, go for it. I guess the guest was going to be fine with it but grumpy spouse threw a big fit.

I find many of the "sale" signs hilarious. Oh the price went from 1.25 to 1.09? Wow what a deal!

I love the DVD players were 58.99 tpc from 12/28 to 01/11, then 2nd tpc from 01/05 to 01/11 for 59.99. It makes no sense.

Sometimes we have signs up for $25 gift cards that say: "As advertised, $25." Not the pre-paid Visas that have a fee: just the normal, they-always-cost-that-anyway kind of gift cards. I've had more than one guest ask questions about that because it's simply confusing.

It is confusing...but then I explain to them that because it's in the ad, there has to be a sign for it so people can find it. I don't bother to break it to them that just because it's in the ad, doesn't mean it's on sale.

I find many of the "sale" signs hilarious. Oh the price went from 1.25 to 1.09? Wow what a deal!

I remember one time at Walmart we had a certain brand of shampoo on sale for 76 cents. The regular price? 78 cents. Why bother?

It is confusing...but then I explain to them that because it's in the ad, there has to be a sign for it so people can find it. I don't bother to break it to them that just because it's in the ad, doesn't mean it's on sale.

Yes... but that is what the "As Advertised" signs are for.... they used the wrong sign. They should be the ones that say "As Advertised" at the top not "Sale"

Yes... but that is what the "As Advertised" signs are for.... they used the wrong sign. They should be the ones that say "As Advertised" at the top not "Sale"

I was replying to ZP, who was talking about the "as advertised" gift cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back