Archived The Big Reveal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read it today while I was at work. There are not enough swear words for the level of profanity I wish to throw at whatever idiot CEO's thought this was a good idea. There should be a requirement that, as a CEO, you need to work as a TM at least once a week or something. Maybe then they'd stop making the most unrealistic company changes I've ever seen.

My HR mentioned today that new signing is on the way. Down with the old!! My DTL also has been stressing no more "Expect more, pay less" as endcap headers. His exact words were, "Pretend like they don't exist in the flip sign headers." I hated that saying anyway, so I always use the dogs. "Pay less" reminds me of the cheap shoe place.
Well, they can just put those "Expect more, pay less" signs in the break room. It's sublimeable either way.

The majority of profit revenue is reserved for people that have documents saying they know what they're talking about to fill positions that have nothing to do with profit. No offense to those filling those positions, obviously, since I'm sure they at least have good personalities/character. zing ba ting

Last edited:
I just read it today while I was at work. There are not enough swear words for the level of profanity I wish to throw at whatever idiot CEO's thought this was a good idea. There should be a requirement that, as a CEO, you need to work as a TM at least once a week or something. Maybe then they'd stop making the most unrealistic company changes I've ever seen.

How about working in the actual company and not hired off the street?

publix promotes from within. i heard you must be there like 6 months before you can promote.

team alignment... i understand the premise, but i think people are taking it too literally and it will put up boundaries when it comes to managing the team as a whole.
each tl has tm assigned to him/her. i have the pog team, naturally. but during contribution, i can only select MY TEAM for top and bottom performers. so basically, i'll have 1 top (even if they really aren't) and 2 needs attentions (which would have to be my other two team members, no matter what). so basically ill be giving a gift to one of my tm each month and coaching the other two. how demoralizing to know you're going to get coached because you're in such a small workcenter. (and yes, the way our stl/hr works, its not just a "he's my needs attention because he needs more training/cross training/growth"... you have to do performance documentation on something they need to work on.)

i miss the days where we worked as "one team, one voice" because the pay was good, the people were great, and you felt appreciated. we didn't need ineffectual signing plastered all over the walls and in every corner to tell us how we were supposed to feel. we felt that way because we were motivated by good managers to accomplish a common goal and were rewarded through reviews and the 549. now the money that we spent on recognition goes to ceo bonuses and silly signs. im getting to old for this. /end rant

My HR mentioned today that new signing is on the way. Down with the old!! My DTL also has been stressing no more "Expect more, pay less" as endcap headers. His exact words were, "Pretend like they don't exist in the flip sign headers." I hated that saying anyway, so I always use the dogs. "Pay less" reminds me of the cheap shoe place.

We have been told to use Our Low Price Promise instead of EMPL headers for over a year. If you look at the sales planners they say to use OLPP. We only use EMPL if we cannot find a OLPP anywhere

We have been told to use Our Low Price Promise instead of EMPL headers for over a year. If you look at the sales planners they say to use OLPP. We only use EMPL if we cannot find a OLPP anywhere

Same here. We stopped using EMPL for a over a year. We only use them on back end caps if we run out.

publix promotes from within. i heard you must be there like 6 months before you can promote.

team alignment... i understand the premise, but i think people are taking it too literally and it will put up boundaries when it comes to managing the team as a whole.
each tl has tm assigned to him/her. i have the pog team, naturally. but during contribution, i can only select MY TEAM for top and bottom performers. so basically, i'll have 1 top (even if they really aren't) and 2 needs attentions (which would have to be my other two team members, no matter what). so basically ill be giving a gift to one of my tm each month and coaching the other two. how demoralizing to know you're going to get coached because you're in such a small workcenter. (and yes, the way our stl/hr works, its not just a "he's my needs attention because he needs more training/cross training/growth"... you have to do performance documentation on something they need to work on.)

i miss the days where we worked as "one team, one voice" because the pay was good, the people were great, and you felt appreciated. we didn't need ineffectual signing plastered all over the walls and in every corner to tell us how we were supposed to feel. we felt that way because we were motivated by good managers to accomplish a common goal and were rewarded through reviews and the 549. now the money that we spent on recognition goes to ceo bonuses and silly signs. im getting to old for this. /end rant

Fabulous. I work on a team of 2 at the moment. So now we will be beating up on each other to try not to be the one that is coached and in 6 months we know that one of us will be fired because of coachings. What about the tms that work in multiple workcenters? Does only the primary workcenter count and they can be screwups everywhere else they work in the store? hahaha

There are many companies that require managers to rank their employees every year (i.e. 1's, 2's, 3's). Also, many - if not most - companies that are dependent on a sales force simply fire the bottom 10% every year ... I think Goldman Sachs is the often sited example of this. I don't know how this kind of initiative ("alignment") actually get's translated in practice, though (in a company like Target). The idea, obviously, is to keep raising the bar to increase performance/productivity from all team members. But I'm sure nobody at corporate expects it to be applied exactly as intended. That said, sticks are cheaper than carrots.

team members in multiples will be assigned based on their job code in max. but get this... you can only work to develop your OWN team.

so ive been working over the last two months with a hipo team member. she was top contributor tons over the last year or so, but she hasn't been a top contributor in about 6 months. her etl told her not to bother to apply for promotional ops because she wouldn't get them (i was also in the stockroom and couldn't believe my ears). since that time, her performance has tanked.
i coached her last month because of her attitude and have been following up on her performance. since then, she's gotten tons of recognition and i was able to assist her in her interviewing skills. she was recently promoted, and her interview blew the store manager away. my point... team alignment (at least according to my stl) takes this away. i cannot work with tm outside of my alignment, and team members are not equally distributed. if you're a flow tl, be prepared to handle tons of tm. i hope my leadership team is just taking everything too literally (per usual) and it is not going to stay that way.

I knew tl alignment had the potential to mess up everything from the beginning. My own TL got to spend all of maybe 15 mins in his department every week and it did the majority of sales in the store on a consistent basis (especially the holidays). Considering there was only 2 guys in the department due to transfers, terminations, and people quitting, It would've been nasty.

Our DTL has been saying the same thing for over a year now...the new mission statement has nothing to do with Expect More, Pay Less. In fact, EMPL is still seen EVERYWHERE including Target's commercials.

IMO the new mission statement is just Tina Schiel continuing to try to prove herself.

>>This

There is on workbench 15 page guide on team alignment. Interesting reading. Then you will see paperwork trail involved on this madness.

There is on workbench 15 page guide on team alignment. Interesting reading. Then you will see paperwork trail involved on this madness.

Well if we are lucky after the role out they will forget about it like they do 90% of every stupid new program they role out. Or it will be something like the business walks and status that they no one does anything with until the very last moment because they have tons of real work to do. At this point I do not think anybody at HQ has a clue about what it is like to work in a store. That is the only thing that could explain the level of stupid we have seen come out in the last few years.

The boss just got back from the big meet and at the huddle today he read the new mission statement then had us chant it at the end of the huddle. ARRRGH!!!

OKAY. WAIT. NO. HOLD THE $@%^ING PHONE. If this becomes a Chant thing I quit. I don't give a ************ that I have no other job lined up. If we start having mandatory wal-mart style chants, I QUIT!

our hr went to office depot to get cards printed for everybody. REALLY. we could've all ate pizza with that money. shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back