Archived The Café Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kartman

MasterBlaster (User has passed away)
How do you like yours? Any comments to help / improve it?

My two cents...

I wish we could get recognition for selling red cards there, but for some reason the registers there won't document it. Crikey!

That, and we need more than one oven. :)

Our Food Ave TMs are awesome. I wish my store cared enough about Food Ave to give them break coverage instead of shutting down, let alone recognize them for the excellent service they provide to guests and TMs.

I wish my store cared enough about Food Ave to give them break coverage instead of shutting down,

They close to give breaks/lunches?

No way!

Yes way. Starbucks doesn't have any problems because their TL schedules creatively, but covering Food Ave is apparently a sin. Under our previous ETL-GE, the Food Ave TM would have to shut down and cashier if they were dead and the lanes were backed up.

Earlier in the year during an hour drought, we had to close SB counter a few times in the evening because we didn't have anyone to cover breaks.
FA & SB don't get any recognition but hey! Let's give out free SB drinks to anyone with a vibe card!
/rant

Vibe cards, lol!

Depending on who was working in FA, and who the GSA/GSTL was, our SB has to close for breaks. They hand out the apology coupons.... Which doesn't stop extreme couponets from yelling about their coupon that expires that night.

And for the record, it is often the SBTL that is going on break.

SBTL should mention that to their rep. Sbux rep should have a conniption fit over it. May get some coverage.

They have bigger issues... I just read their new person quit, they are down to 2 team members in there. This doesn't bode well for the next couple of days.....

I wish my store cared enough about Food Ave to give them break coverage instead of shutting down,

They close to give breaks/lunches?

No way!

Yes way. Starbucks doesn't have any problems because their TL schedules creatively, but covering Food Ave is apparently a sin. Under our previous ETL-GE, the Food Ave TM would have to shut down and cashier if they were dead and the lanes were backed up.
Thats just wrong and against code from what I was told.

My FA was told at one time they had to keep cart well in check, and help zone One Spot and any visible areas to FA. The Health Safety checks where conducted and told my store management that we were not to do any work outside of Food Ave.

I love how (dunno why, but I'm not complaining) it pays 25 cents more per hour.

I'd like to recognize the fact that at my store, Target Cafe gets as many (if not more hours) than the entirety of Market per week, and probably brings about 1/25th the money, and doesn't sell Nachos.

./end Market Rant.

I really don't think the cafe is about making money. It's more about (POPCORN!!!) offering a service that other places don't offer... hence, more bodies in the store.

I'd like to recognize the fact that at my store, Target Cafe gets as many (if not more hours) than the entirety of Market per week, and probably brings about 1/25th the money, and doesn't sell Nachos.

./end Market Rant.
This irks me too. Especially when I'm on my own in market the whole day doing a kazillion things and I see 3-4 FA/SB TM's standing around talking.

There won't be any of that going on over the next few days.

They have bigger issues... I just read their new person quit, they are down to 2 team members in there. This doesn't bode well for the next couple of days.....
That's WAY cray!
Part of the franchise agreement is that your store should have no less than a total of 8 TMs trained for SB.
There has been some issues this last month. I tried to find out who was left and couldn't.

I know there is at least one more, but she is a GSA - and they are short one of them because everyone turned that down. There should be 2 more if who I think is left is. The FA guy that doesn't work both sides has cognitive issues, and it would not be a good fit (typed by a mom of a special needs kiddo). There are a few others trained in alternate work centers, unless they left those areas too.

A lot of people apparently decided to bail before the big day.

I really feel bad for them, it is going to suck big time. :(

Yeh, if you're gonna bail might as well do it before the absolute worse time.
We lost a couple of GSAs up front so they did some 'slap-dash promoting' (if you could call GSA any kind of promotion).
They even asked if I'd consider returning to the lanes. I told them the company didn't have the kind of payroll it would take to get me to even CONSIDER it.

I know of 2 people that turned it down, there were probably more. I'm guessing our HR will help cover that aspect this weekend, but it still isn't enough.

And ya, they'd have to pay me what I left at with all that OT to consider sitting on a stool taking orders. There would be no way I could stand tomorrow - i'd be calling out, so it is better they aren't having to deal with that! LOL!!

But the 50 cents they were tossing around was so not worth the "promotion".

./end Market Rant.
id like to recpgnize that food ave gers double tge hours of the electronics team, and have a dedicated TL. They do about 1/15th the sales

That's WAY cray!
Part of the franchise agreement is that your store should have no less than a total of 8 TMs trained for SB.
In my ultra high volume store there is a grand total of 5 trained people.

That's WAY cray!
In my ultra high volume store there is a grand total of 5 trained people.

They are probably "counting" any LODs and TLs who are cross trained or at least know how to work the register to make the count of 8.

I got to work an extra four hours and close cuz a TM couldn't work.

Groovy bean turds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back