Archived The carts, the carts are banging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaMench

Oy vey
Every day I stand in the front for hours on end, and every day I have a headache from the plastic carts banging when people take them from the row. I've actually thought about wearing earplugs but as Ap not sure that would be acceptable. Am I alone in this struggle?

I hate the carts. They are heavy, very difficult to maneuver and they do bang. I think people do it on purpose because they are frustrated with how difficult the darn things are to move around. Wear earphones anyway, tell the lods it is a safety precaution. You wont hear the screaming children.

The unattended children who scream & run about throughout the day are WAY louder than plastic carts. Maybe get your hearing checked.

Someday... carbon fiber!!!
dude.gif

I wish I was a child.

My future would be unbounded!

I think we are the only store in the district that still has metal carts.....Oh how much I hate them.

Every other remodel in our district got plastic carts.....not us.

I miss the metal carts. The plastic ones look pretty, but the previous generation of carts were more sturdy. Stuff slides out of a full plastic shopping cart since it has a big gap around the top edges and they don't hold shelves as well. They're also basically all but impossible to push with the cart pusher. But they look pretty.

Last edited:
And unfortunately, his is just one of several times that Target seems to have valued style and appearance over substance and efficiency.

I miss the metal carts. The plastic ones look pretty, but the previous generation of carts were more sturdy. Stuff slides out of a full plastic shopping cart since it has a bug gap around the top edges and they don't hold shelves as well. They're also basically all but impossible to push with the cart pusher. But they look pretty.
We don't use ours for the plastic carts. Not sure why we have one. Our guys can handle a dozen carts without it no problem.

I rarely out more than two shelves in a cart. That's what tubs are for.

I adore the plastic ones. Lighter, look nicer. Plus we've rarely had an issue with full carts losing bags.

We got the plastic ones just last yr & many of them already have a little 'patch' piece on the sides just down from the handle where it cracked.
I've also noticed kids riding on the bottom more than ever but nobody says anything any more, even when we had to cut a little girl's hair loose from one of the front wheels.
Yeh, she looked lopsided.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back