Archived The end of comp shop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard from a friend in another store that Target is turning CS over to a particular company and that TMs will no longer do it. Have any of you heard that? If there's been discussion of that here I missed it.

What was involved in Comp Shop? I have seen it on/off at my store, but never understood what it entailed.

This is good. Walmart keeps banning our comp shop team member. We have to change at least every month, because Walmart AP finds out who it is and bans them from the store

I always wondered wtf comp shop was. I'd see it on the daily grid and have no clue what that was about. Can someone explain this to me?

I always wondered wtf comp shop was. I'd see it on the daily grid and have no clue what that was about. Can someone explain this to me?
Comp Shop = Competitive Price Shopping.

Basically, "comp shoppers" have a task list in certain stores nearby that they have to go in and find the prices for the items on that list so that Target stays "competitive" in pricing for that area. It also shows them where they can afford to raise prices and not lose sales due to a competitor having a better price.

That sounds fun! I always assumed "comp" stood for computer lol. No wonder I couldn't figure out what it meant.

That's definitely not what our comp shop hours were used for. I'd be all over that. No walmart or other large competitors in the immediate vicinity though, so I guess we had no use for it.

I don't which company they are getting to do it but the few times I had to deal with professional comp shoppers it was an unpleasant experience.
One lady had her computer set up in a shopping cart and kept demanding we find things for her because she knew we had them and it was effecting her numbers.
Finally the PTL told her, since she wasn't buying anything he didn't give a shit about her numbers and to stop bothering his crew.

It really depends on store management, both on our side and theirs. When I comp'd before I moved, I had to be super stealthy because they would throw us out. On the contrary, we weren't allowed to bother Wally's shoppers in our store. At my new store (several states away) our shoper can freely roam Walmart and they send a 3 person team to us since we're so large. It's definitely mutual around here.

The Target's and Walmart's in my area allow comp shoppers as long as they sign in at the serivce desk. Only time it's ever a issue is when some new ETL or the equivalent of one at Walmart kicks a comp shopper out because they don't know what they are doing.

The comp shoppers I've dealt with have actually been pleasant. When I first started on the sales floor, they would help me find things because they knew the floor better than I did.

This is good. Walmart keeps banning our comp shop team member. We have to change at least every month, because Walmart AP finds out who it is and bans them from the store

Maybe your STL needs to give their store manager a call and have a little chat. Surely your store lets them comp shop without any problems.

I was told mine would be July 5th. Not exactly in love with doing it but it's better than cashiering. :(

The comp shoppers I've dealt with have actually been pleasant. When I first started on the sales floor, they would help me find things because they knew the floor better than I did.

Maybe your STL needs to give their store manager a call and have a little chat. Surely your store lets them comp shop without any problems.

Our STL informs our AP team to ban their comp shop team members as well... as "payback". Walmart once called the police on one of our comp shop team member's and they were given a ticket for trespassing because they didn't leave the store fast enough.

WTF?

Are you guys serious??? No one has communicated anything to me about this and I just spent a few hours just now working on my list for this week. In fact, when I was uploading last week when I was in the store and I was talking to my ETL who said NOTHING about this?

Seriously, is this company wide? Why am I still able to upload lists? Again, WTF????

***ETA: Now I'm just pissed. What, was someone going to tell me, or just wait until I get a transmission error when trying to upload and then go "Oh sorry, we didn't tell you a MONTH ago your position is going away!" I can't exactly go into the store and ask about it, can I now? I can't admit I read this info here.

I am seriously about to lose my sh*t here!!!

Last edited:
STL told me week of July 5th was last week for Comp Shop. However, I'm not scheduled for it next week. Waiting to see if a list downloads for next week over the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back