Logistics The Flow/Inbound thread: Until We Yeet Again edition 🤙

I can top you. One store in our group will have the entire group leadership in its store next wednesday as well as almost all stls to watch the chaos unfold. Richmond is such a blessed store.

Ewww. Do not want. Although, we get the STLs from our group next week, I believe.

Tomorrow we're supposed to start breaking out repacks into 3 tiers. Which won't work because we'd need 40+ and we only have about 12 available at any given time. Ugh shoot me

Tomorrow we're supposed to start breaking out repacks into 3 tiers. Which won't work because we'd need 40+ and we only have about 12 available at any given time. Ugh shoot me

We steal from Ship From Store, but that won't work much longer - 4th quarter is coming.

ETL-Log finally said steel will be taken out to make my sl breakout clubhouse. ofc the real issue is not having anyone to help me anymore bc the flow ladies who used to work with me have been taken away to handle stationary and domestics repacks (thx turnover.)

sl tl trying to blame me for her inability to do her job when challenged by etl-ge.
ZXVuoqY.jpg

Anyone start the “trailer sort and unload” process yet? Region 400 is slated to start in September. It seems like a great idea as long as flow is open to change.
They are talking through moves in the backroom. Plus preparing for planorama in VT so a group to support truck won't be the for a week... it sounds like a shit show. But we finally made the constrained backroom list!

They are talking through moves in the backroom. Plus preparing for planorama in VT so a group to support truck won't be the for a week... it sounds like a shit show. But we finally made the constrained backroom list!
Your backroom is for sure tiny! You have more bays in your lines length but overall small

Your backroom is for sure tiny! You have more bays in your lines length but overall small
I've never been in your backroom, but that's what I've heard from our teammates from there. It's not fair. We're hoping they take the spare lot and expand out with the remodel in a couple years.

So we have our first double of the year in a few days using the new push all method of unloading plus end to end teams
How to you guys that already have been using push all have been handling you large truck days

Since starting push-all, we’ve fallen several trucks behind consistently. At the worst point we were 8 trucks behind and the backroom was a deathtrap. I think we’re 2 or 3 trucks behind now, and with some flow TMs going back to college we’re gonna be in even more of a lurch even with pulling TMs from various stores in the district. Guests have been complaining about backroom staging pallets of repacks in the zones towards the end of the night each night as it makes some portions of the store almost impassable. Q4 is going to kill us if this doesn’t get fixed soon...

Damn the the 2 doubles is going to be a nightmare then with this brand new flow team we have leadership included only 2 veteran TM have worked this kind of truck and the team has trouble finishing even a 1900 truck on time

Since starting push-all, we’ve fallen several trucks behind consistently. At the worst point we were 8 trucks behind and the backroom was a deathtrap. I think we’re 2 or 3 trucks behind now, and with some flow TMs going back to college we’re gonna be in even more of a lurch even with pulling TMs from various stores in the district. Guests have been complaining about backroom staging pallets of repacks in the zones towards the end of the night each night as it makes some portions of the store almost impassable. Q4 is going to kill us if this doesn’t get fixed soon...

Are you falling behind with casepacks? or repacks? or both?

At first I was jelly of you guys that work at high volume stores with O/N teams but after reading about the clusterfuck they are I'm not so sure anymore

8 trucks behind is just unbelievable

Are you falling behind with casepacks? or repacks? or both?
Repacks mostly, some casepacks though, too.

At first I was jelly of you guys that work at high volume stores with O/N teams but after reading about the clusterfuck they are I'm not so sure anymore

8 trucks behind is just unbelievable
We’re not overnight, believe we’re a 6am store and not even that high volume for our area. That tells you a lot about how this is working out for my store. :/

Shiiiieeeeet.

I need to stop bitching about my store then. p. sure mine is low volume and our worst days have been nothing compared to that. Yikes.

T-1040 implemented this process perfectly

I don't know if your being sarcastic or

1534109825826.jpeg

To implement it perfectly you would have had to enough team members at the beginning who where all well versed in Target-eese and the ways of the Bulls-eye.

Even then your back room would have to be rather large to accommodate all of the extra carts and space required to offload and hold the merchandise for processing. This includes sorting all of A&A repacks and the other hard line repacks.

Then you have all of the other responsibilities that come with the new process.

We have a double tomorrow and a added truck for Tuesday. 6 this week. My average hours are up to 28.75. I wish I was ulv.

No you don't. We don't have enough bodies to do this at all. We couldn't come clean on a 1500+ pc truck this past Saturday due to a couple of scheduled off team members. Even with Floor help, we still couldn't get it done. There is always at least one dept that doesn't come clean when this happens.

When we're at full strength, 1900+ pc. trucks are just about impossible to come clean on. It really depends on the mix if we can get it all done now. Previously, with the same crew, we were done and the last team member left around noon or so (clean up) on a 6AM truck.

I estimate that it takes on average up to about 2.5 times longer now to push the truck with the same team depending on the merchandise mix.

At my store a 1900 truck is usually smooth sailing as far as case stock goes, provided the callouts that day are minimal. Repacks are the wildcard. For some reason, our ETL-LOG usually balks at the idea of sending flow team to attack repacks after the case stock is pushed, I'm guessing because he sees most of them as a waste of payroll. That means the repacks usually have to roll over into the next day. When he's on vacation and our ETL-GE is running the truck, she almost always sends flow team to help finish up repacks, and during BTS she has me run BTS repacks over to seasonal and orders them to push everything. I like her method but unfortunately she's not very scary (23 years old and cute) and the knuckle draggers on flow tend to take their sweet time pushing out a single cart of repacks in a group of ~5 while I'm knocking out another cart in the same amount of time. It's not even that they're talking, because I'm always talking too, but that doesn't slow me down. Ugh. If ETL-LOG were here and saw this, steam would shoot out of his ears and there would be 100 lashes for all. He's back in a week and I can't wait.

With BTS all of our trucks have been no less than 2400 and they've started to anticipate the repacks not being done. Several salesfloor TMs have been getting scheduled 8 hours every truck day to help us, but 2 of them are minors and will soon have to go back2skool themselves so RIP.

I'm hoping that with our new STL here, who is 9000% better than our last one, that our seasonal help this year will be picked more carefully and we might actually end up with a good line up. I'm probably dreaming but whatever.

View attachment 5990

To implement it perfectly you would have had to enough team members at the beginning who where all well versed in Target-eese and the ways of the Bulls-eye.

Even then your back room would have to be rather large to accommodate all of the extra carts and space required to offload and hold the merchandise for processing. This includes sorting all of A&A repacks and the other hard line repacks.

Heads up T1040 is a common meme here where essentially the jist is that it is the perfect store in every way and almost a "utopia" so to speak. So it was joke.

1st run at new process today. I'd say it was a success. Love how combos are done! Repacks were a little time consuming but once a rhythm has been established I think speed will pick up. Fine tuning the sort in general as well. Of course we weren't scheduled to new process so we had our usual team so there were a lot of extra bodies. Had a few call outs so I imagine I would have completed even faster had everyone shown up.

View attachment 5990

It's an in joke.
1040 store vista ca is still a joke - https://www.thebreakroom.org/threads/1040-store-vista-ca-is-still-a-joke.18602/#post-408589

Back