Archived The funko collectors played themselves this time

Status
Not open for further replies.

busyzoningtoys

Finally almost getting paid enough.
I’ve had it with them. Like many of you, my store is struggling with logistics and is behind, so there is a lot of backed up push/backstock/truck/mess etc everywhere. Short on flow and BR staff and sales floor payroll. So, when they check brickseek and see that their stupid captain crunch arrived at 5am? Lol zero chance. I told them if they were found they’d be held for open tomorrow. Thought that was the end of it, but on my way out I see one from this morning of them demanding the lod to try and get one. Should have seen the look on his face when I went up with the lod. Anyways...

From now on, we will be letting guests know that even if there is no street date, we are not obligated to have collectible product available for purchase before it’s planogram set date. So, if it sets 9/2, and it’s only 8/20 today, I don’t care if I ‘have’ it, if it’s not handy, I’m not looking for it. We still have to finish friday’s truck, and we get at least one truck a day, so too bad!

They should see this as an upside, it’s a chance for them to bicker and bitch among themselves over the hard to find ones after they miss them at other stores.

Also, it’s hilarious he accused us of taking them... speaking for the entire store, we’re all either too not-fucking-lame, broke, lazy, or too stupid to know it’s worth more than $8 on eBay to waste our time sneakily buying them before store open.

That's something I hope we can implement at my store. I haven't checked out brick seek, but is there a reliable way to check release dates otherwise because i'm sick of dealing with this.

Omg you literally wrote my day and the life of my store problems as well! I hate collectors as well and who the heck is gonna search on a pallet if it’s not located LOL deffinately not me! I hate funko pops soooo much toooo! And the stupid hotwheels too omg you have no idea how stupid people get over these things!

Should have seen the look on his face when I went up with the lod.

l7gw4nt.png

This is exactly the approach we are taking at my store. Explained that to a reseller a few weeks ago when he came in trying to convince us to sell him Captain Crunch after driving an hour to our store. Told him it wasn't setting until 8/26 and we weren't making it available until then. He tried using the "what if other team members sell it to someone else not knowing that" line which I shut down because only 2 people in the building know where they are currently (an unlocated location). Then he tried asking who he should talk to about him driving an hour to get here and getting nothing for it. I don't know, dude. Then he said other stores were selling them so why not us? To which I repeated, we were not selling any until the set date to ensure availability, other stores may decide to do it differently. He walked away annoyed.

If it is not street date & nice, give them one. If they give you a hard time, tell them no.
We must give other guests an opportunity to get the pop too.

This is one issue my store doesn’t have thanks to the signs all the guests see the signs posted by any collectible items and at the electronics counter. The only issue that has since at least for now corrected itself was the amount we would get in but now it’s been averaging within a two week span for each exclusive pop to get on avg 5 shipments of it.

I am absolutely sick of these POP and hot wheel collectors. They always come at the worst time in the day, they will see we are clearly understaffed and getting slammed and want us to search in the back because their "app told them we have it in the store". The hot wheel collectors aren't quite as bad but still ridiculous wanting me to pull a side cap down from the steel so they can rummage through the side cap and take the 2-3 cars they want out, now I use the same technique and say sorry the box is marked for blah blah date and it won't be set until then, you can check back then. Usually they give a fuss but eventually give up because I don't budge and I don't know if they assume I am an LOD or something because I wear a tucked polo but oh well lol whatever gets the point across.

I used to have a hot wheels collector that would only ask for stuff from the back if the sales floor was low, and he would push whatever he didn’t buy. It was a good arrangement lol
I have a few hot wheels collectors that do it for me too. They are great to talk to cars.

Well won't they be confused when we go completely E2E and are stocking throughout the day?Can you imagine the pucker in their pants when the find out we put them out at 5pm and some little kid got one to PLAY with!

We had a random crowd of people in the morning last week for the new wave of FunkoPops or whatever. I had no idea new ones were even coming out or would be popular.

So much for a crowd management plan and having coverage in the morning.

I guess nobody else had been warned, so they were still just in the backroom somewhere, hadn't been pushed or staged to move to the floor at all.

Too much whining and not enough solutions. Get the actual policy from corporate, print it out, and show it to them. If there is no clear policy that directly addresses the collector's issue, then you have little or no ground to stand on. Find the release date list for Pops and the corresponding Hot Wheels case release(if applicable) for Hot Wheels. Print out those lists too. Post them in their respective areas so guests can view them. All of this takes little brain power(for some of you) and is a compromise.

At the end of the day, you exert more effort avoiding guests or not providing proactive solutions in the long term than if you took the time to brainstorm a few simple solutions to make both parties happy. And come on, damaging merchandise, seriously get a life or a hobby.

At the end of the day, collectors will just keep coming in. Hot Wheels were #6 in Toy Sales last year worldwide. You have every right to be upset when a customer asks you to do your job, but at the end of the day, corporate will back the customer, so choose your battles wisely.

Omg I just read the toy catalog for Christmas and I am not excited at all!!! Every Friday starting November 11 or what ever a new funko pop exclusive comes out and I have not had any issues with funko pops ever since a month ago but here we go for the crazy collectors every Friday! I will guarantee you no one at my store has read the toy catalog with all the small exclusives!

Omg I just read the toy catalog for Christmas and I am not excited at all!!! Every Friday starting November 11 or what ever a new funko pop exclusive comes out and I have not had any issues with funko pops ever since a month ago but here we go for the crazy collectors every Friday! I will guarantee you no one at my store has read the toy catalog with all the small exclusives!

The good thing with that is it’s Online Only for those Friday’s :)

Ohh perfect that’s good...thank god it’s online again that way no crazy collectors come and start yelling!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back