Archived The Ghost and Mrs Muir

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any legit reason for ghost locations? I have a rant brewing but I want my facts straight.

Phantom check lane. No home. Third day in pulls. If only I could get Frank Gorshin to say "It's backstock."

Thanks. It's either that or a prank for somebody maybe involving mustard.

Wonder how much mustard it would take to fill the interior of a certain compact car.... You'd have to have a delivery system, spray mechanism of some kind. Well one can dream. Seriously we have stuff tied all over the store. I can think of several locations where it just ain't so. Is this normal?

Last edited:
Yes, when a store tie(flexing) or fake ties & forget to set the pogs:(
Faking ties will make your numbers for the week make you look good.

Black Friday shippers had tied locations that don't really exist-ever. We have a pb&j endcap they dummy tie every month instead of understanding it's more useful than the dozens of crap cross merch endcaps.

Well that makes sense in my store environment I thought that might be the case. I'm in no position to break ties I just have to figure out how to keep the noobs from wasting time w the stuff ( I separate it but backroom just regurgitates it) and figure out who not to piss off about it. Wonder if I can pass it off as reshop?

Just break the ties if the product isn't there and doesn't go there. Anyone with a PDA or mydevice can do it. So many of our endcap and checklane ties are fucked, and every time I come to a location for an SFS item and the item is clearly not there or ever going to go there, I break the tie. Tying the correct products is someone else's problem though...

On a mydevice you can just scan the item and I believe you can tap the location once or twice and it will ask if you want to break the tie. On a PDA, use sflm in rfapps. Not as user friendly but still not too hard to figure out.

We have them fake tying in our store all the time when they're in a crunch. LODs/ETLs in particular will do it. This means that when I'm setting and checking percentage of product in that I see all these goofy ties that make no sense on the report. So I end up breaking the ties and tying them to the location they're actually sitting in. Annoys me to no end to see a shoe pog tied to a location in bed and bath or that mysterious non existent X location. ><

Thanks everyone we seem to have less paranormal occurrences today:p.
And thanks for the tie-break info. I don't want to do that (tense political environment in the store) and get the "Fee Fy Fo Fum" treatment from management.

Last edited:
I have no idea what ya'll are talking about...

It pisses me off so much when I scan an item and its only location is in the non-existent Z block. A former ETL of mine would tie sales planners to Z locations when there weren't enough available endcaps, and it drove me crazy when I was working re-shop or pushing CAFs that included items from said sales planners.

After BTS ended, I was doing 4x4 in domestics, and I lost count of how many old store ties I found (and untied). Like no, we don't have those discontinued canvas shower caddies on that endcap full of flannel sheet sets.

Is Store Tie still on the PDAs? Or is it only on the MyDevices now?

It pisses me off so much when I scan an item and its only location is in the non-existent Z block. A former ETL of mine would tie sales planners to Z locations when there weren't enough available endcaps, and it drove me crazy when I was working re-shop or pushing CAFs that included items from said sales planners.

After BTS ended, I was doing 4x4 in domestics, and I lost count of how many old store ties I found (and untied). Like no, we don't have those discontinued canvas shower caddies on that endcap full of flannel sheet sets.

Is Store Tie still on the PDAs? Or is it only on the MyDevices now?

You can still do it on he PDA. I actually had one the other day due to there being no truck and that's what I used to untie a few "Zs" myself and put them where they actually were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back