Archived The Horse is finally buried and the stick with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flow Warrior

progenitor of thalassophobia
A little explaination. My avatar comes from Ultima Online. I got it as a part of a pack doing work inside and out. Its a gif and the man is beating it, In world, that's the final gif before the horse vanishes.

Well my vanished today. two months ago, we replaced STL with a woman from outside our district. I am for convenience sake calling her Beth. We went from a upbeat STL who motivated everyone held informational huddles, had a real open door and worked with all the leadership to make sure the TMs were working but weren't overstretched. Our comp jumped 10% She got the bump to a far bigger store whose STL got the boot. Beth is her polar opposite, sits in the office, says she has open door but really isnt interested in TMs unless its her shift and really only communicates with leadership.
Huddles have vanished, comp returned to what it was and no TM cares again.
This is par for the course for me but one other thing happened. I call it the event.
The day of the event I wasn't closing. I did mid and left an hour before it happened. It was Granny's night and I left it to her. Well, granny was having her personal war with a particular Old TM, and TM decided tonight was final night. Tm did idiocy that had to be fixed No big. However, she forgot so I fixed it. This was right before our group leader visit. He, the smart man he is noticed it and asked why I was fixing it. Turns out her not fixing it allowed the event to happen (sorry not going to be more clear than this. If you live in Houston you heard it on the news. It was multiple) Long story short, he decided to terminate her. (there were other things like her having numerous people quit on her shifts etc)
As I talked with others on leadership I asked myself do I want to stay here. I got another offer at Home depot down the street and while its less money and less stress it will let me write again. So I told ETL_HR that I was putting in my two weeks. She laughed thinking I was joking. I said, No. between the event, the modernization, and other things, the store I came to 4 yrs ago is gone.

My last day was today. I gave my keys up, tossed my badge to A&A TL and said good luck.

Im Home Depot the 19th.

Perhaps a better avatar for your Home Depot forum!
beerchug.gif

Another of the good ones gone. It was obvious from your posts you cared about doing a great job and making sure your store and the company succeeded. This new process is really driving the few good people (at all levels) out of the stores. This process is broken in so many ways, and corporate wants to hear none of it. None of it. I still remember the details of your life history and really admire you for how you over came all the obstacles thrown at you. I have no doubt you will do better where ever you go than at Target the way it is correctly being run. Good luck, Flow Warrior, you will be missed. Be sure to check-in occasionally to TBR for a good laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back