The "I Quit" Thread

I just punched out for the last time after 8.5 years of service in the backroom (I went by 'emuporium' on the old forum). Not wanting to hog this thread entirely to myself I would instead offer it up as a place for other newly liberated folks to share their good news!

I am moving to a job in my degree field and look forward to getting very fat with my very sedentary new job!

Congrat's, Petey. It's wonderful news about a job in your field of study. I wish you the best of luck and much happiness. We would certainly welcome you back if you still chose to talk to us lowly Target TMs. ;)

redeye58

Hasta Ba Rista, Baby!
Best o' luck to you, Petey! Don't forget to drop by for updates on the new job! :D

commiecorvus

Former Signing Ninja
Staff member
Ah, to make a living at what you were educated to do, that is the dream of so many at Target.
Good luck and g-d speed.

Lady Fitting Room

Free from Target :D
Congrats! :) I look forward to the day when I quit. Just need to put up with Target until I get out of school or find a better job. I get my B.A. in a year and then I'll be working toward a Ph.D, so I'm hoping that once I obtain the former I can secure a better job while I chip away at the latter. :thumbsup:

Lady Fitting Room

Bit of an update...My last day at Target is much sooner than I thought when I typed my last post. I put in my two weeks the other day and will be gone by the end of the month.

Alternating between elation and mild fear and uncertainty at this point. Mainly elation, though. :D

OP
OP
P
Awesome! Congrats! Did you find a new job then? I've been off all week before starting my new one and don't even know what to do with myself. Target had become become an startlingly large part of my life!

Lady Fitting Room

Awesome! Congrats! Did you find a new job then? I've been off all week before starting my new one and don't even know what to do with myself. Target had become become an startlingly large part of my life!
I may be getting a tutoring job at my school; just waiting to hear back for sure. Either way, I've got enough in savings to last me for several months, so if for whatever reason the tutoring job doesn't pan out, I'll have time to find something else. :)

I may be getting a tutoring job at my school; just waiting to hear back for sure. Either way, I've got enough in savings to last me for several months, so if for whatever reason the tutoring job doesn't pan out, I'll have time to find something else. :)
Good luck with your new job. Several years ago I was with another retail company and we were forced to close. We had much better benefits and pay for that time period than we do at Target. I drew unemployment and also had savings to rely on until I decided/found another job. I really wasn't anxious to get back into retail, so my applications were in other lines of work. I've had a couple other jobs since then not in retail, but I'm back in retail with Target. :(

My last day at target will be next Thursday. I'm moving out of state for family reasons and don't really need a job where I'm going (for now).

I too am glad to be leaving. Sure I'll miss some of the friends I made but I sure as hell will be more than glad to get away from the retarded ETL's at my store.... FREEDOM!!! woohoo! Lol

redeye58

Hasta Ba Rista, Baby!
LFR, I'm glad for you but I'll definately miss your knowledge & wit.
Keep us updated on where you land!

commiecorvus

Former Signing Ninja
Staff member
Good luck Evan, Pete and LFR, may life offer you wonder, joy and all the things Spot has denied.

Ranger

Backroom/Instocks
This is not so much an 'I Quit', but more of a 'Target, you're now second-fiddle'.. I got hired for a nice, full-time job today that is related to my degree! So now I will be just working at Target on the weekends...couldn't be any happier!:D

This is not so much an 'I Quit', but more of a 'Target, you're now second-fiddle'.. I got hired for a nice, full-time job today that is related to my degree! So now I will be just working at Target on the weekends...couldn't be any happier!:D
Congrat's, Ranger. I'm happy for you. Good luck in your new position. :)

MrMrIce

Cart Attendant
Had a cart attendant walk in the store halfway through his shift and say "I can't do this no more". He was complaining about the heat, I live in Southern Cali so it can get kinda hot, but not too much. High 80s, low 90s.

So they dealt with him, called in another cart attendant to cover his shift and that cart attendant did the same thing and quit on the spot, this one however was a new cart attendant who has been with us for about 2 weeks while the other one has been there for a couple of months.

So I had to go outside and manually push carts for the remainder of my shift. The moment I walked out of our air conditioned store(Which gets real cold, to the point if you sit in the breakroom for 20mins, you'll start shaking a bit), I felt the heat. Especially since I was wearing pants.

Lady Fitting Room

Had a cart attendant walk in the store halfway through his shift and say "I can't do this no more". He was complaining about the heat, I live in Southern Cali so it can get kinda hot, but not too much. High 80s, low 90s.
Please tell me it was something other than THAT that made them quit. I would be THRILLED to have a shift in the low 90s: it's been all triple digits lately!

MrMrIce

Cart Attendant
Well they figured cart attending in the summer wouldn't involve the sun for some reason.
It's not that it's burning hot, it's just real dry lately especially on the black top. But still no reason to quit. You are going to have to do hard work to earn money later on.

Lady Fitting Room

Reminds me of a seasonal hire during Christmas last year. I had opened as GA and he came in as a mid. It was pouring down rain that day, and for some reason, that boy honestly thought that we weren't going out after carts while it was raining.

Him: "But I'm like a cat in the water! :( "
Me: "Cats can swim, darling. Grab a poncho and meet me outside."

He didn't last long.

Reminds me of a seasonal hire during Christmas last year. I had opened as GA and he came in as a mid. It was pouring down rain that day, and for some reason, that boy honestly thought that we weren't going out after carts while it was raining.

Him: "But I'm like a cat in the water! :( "
Me: "Cats can swim, darling. Grab a poncho and meet me outside."

He didn't last long.
I love your stories, lfr!

redeye58

Hasta Ba Rista, Baby!
Rain? What's that?
Honestly, we're in the WORST drought that I can remember. We're drier than a truckload of lyme dust.

Less than 24 hours till I'm done with target!!!
I'm sad and happy at the same time. Sad that your time with Target wasn't as rewarding and challenging as it could have been. I know you have been unhappy for quite sometime so I'm happy you are pursuing other interests. Best of luck to you, Evan. May you find great success in your next job. Don't forget to stop by and fill us in on how life is treating you post-Target. :)

I'm sad and happy at the same time. Sad that your time with Target wasn't as rewarding and challenging as it could have been. I know you have been unhappy for quite sometime so I'm happy you are pursuing other interests. Best of luck to you, Evan. May you find great success in your next job. Don't forget to stop by and fill us in on how life is treating you post-Target. :)
I think it might have been just my store. I know I complained a lot about Target and its ridiculous policies, but I think the complete idiot/retards I worked with made it just that much worse. Had it not been for them my experience might have been better... but no such luck for me. Oh well. Hopefully something MUCH better will come along in my near future!

And I most definitely will still be around, probably lurking much more, but I'll be here lol.:D

I am also on my way out. I will of course post when my notice is officially in. The straw that broke the camels back for me is the simple fact that almost no one in this company "walks the walk" They just repeat Targets mottos and slogans like a damn robot while acting as if we are a red colored version of Walmart. I've shopped at my Target and other Targets for years, and lately the service I get is unacceptable and I work there! I guess when retailers across the board are getting worse and worse, customers are forced to deal with it right? Except they aren't. Sites like Amazon dominate now, and finally I am confident that I will witness the death of traditional retail. All is well that ends well.

There's a bright side though! Since I'm no longer worried about impressions the guests and I have a laugh sometimes about how horrid the experience is. They seem to appreciate the fact that at least one current (soon to be former) employee cares about them. I really wish they would boycott us until the company cleans up its act.

Wish I could join this club... Unfortunately my state just decided to lay off almost 5,000 people, in the fields I was looking to get into. Making it that much harder to find a new/better job.

Ok, interview tomorrow for my new job. If I get this it I'll be working a guaranteed 30 hours a week an $9 an hour. Gosh, I'm really nervous.

Just take a deep breath and remember that if you can handle retail, you can handle just about anything. Best of luck! :)

Thanks! I'm sure it will be ok. My friend said the interview is pretty much a formality and that I got the job. An interview can't be worse then another four months at Target.

I got it!!! :D

Only thing is they needed me to start Monday so I couldn't give Target 2 weeks notice. So I'm not rehirable. Ahh, shoot.