Archived The "I Quit" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just punched out for the last time after 8.5 years of service in the backroom (I went by 'emuporium' on the old forum). Not wanting to hog this thread entirely to myself I would instead offer it up as a place for other newly liberated folks to share their good news!

I am moving to a job in my degree field and look forward to getting very fat with my very sedentary new job!

Congrat's, Petey. It's wonderful news about a job in your field of study. I wish you the best of luck and much happiness. We would certainly welcome you back if you still chose to talk to us lowly Target TMs. ;)

Best o' luck to you, Petey! Don't forget to drop by for updates on the new job! :D

Ah, to make a living at what you were educated to do, that is the dream of so many at Target.
Good luck and g-d speed.

Congrats! :) I look forward to the day when I quit. Just need to put up with Target until I get out of school or find a better job. I get my B.A. in a year and then I'll be working toward a Ph.D, so I'm hoping that once I obtain the former I can secure a better job while I chip away at the latter. :thumbsup:

Bit of an update...My last day at Target is much sooner than I thought when I typed my last post. I put in my two weeks the other day and will be gone by the end of the month.

Alternating between elation and mild fear and uncertainty at this point. Mainly elation, though. :D

Awesome! Congrats! Did you find a new job then? I've been off all week before starting my new one and don't even know what to do with myself. Target had become become an startlingly large part of my life!

Awesome! Congrats! Did you find a new job then? I've been off all week before starting my new one and don't even know what to do with myself. Target had become become an startlingly large part of my life!

I may be getting a tutoring job at my school; just waiting to hear back for sure. Either way, I've got enough in savings to last me for several months, so if for whatever reason the tutoring job doesn't pan out, I'll have time to find something else. :)

I may be getting a tutoring job at my school; just waiting to hear back for sure. Either way, I've got enough in savings to last me for several months, so if for whatever reason the tutoring job doesn't pan out, I'll have time to find something else. :)

Good luck with your new job. Several years ago I was with another retail company and we were forced to close. We had much better benefits and pay for that time period than we do at Target. I drew unemployment and also had savings to rely on until I decided/found another job. I really wasn't anxious to get back into retail, so my applications were in other lines of work. I've had a couple other jobs since then not in retail, but I'm back in retail with Target. :(

My last day at target will be next Thursday. I'm moving out of state for family reasons and don't really need a job where I'm going (for now).

I too am glad to be leaving. Sure I'll miss some of the friends I made but I sure as hell will be more than glad to get away from the retarded ETL's at my store.... FREEDOM!!! woohoo! Lol

LFR, I'm glad for you but I'll definately miss your knowledge & wit.
Keep us updated on where you land!

Good luck Evan, Pete and LFR, may life offer you wonder, joy and all the things Spot has denied.

I hope I'll be able to post my eventual exit here instead of the "got terminated" thread.

This is not so much an 'I Quit', but more of a 'Target, you're now second-fiddle'.. I got hired for a nice, full-time job today that is related to my degree! So now I will be just working at Target on the weekends...couldn't be any happier!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back