Archived The Last Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
For my last day, I got it the truck for the first half and then had to help out on the line.

I spent some time in PFresh, worked the flow, went upstairs for the last few minutes of my shift. I was kinda mad about it because I was ready to go at 6:30am, but the team was behind. I'm sure a bunch of folks who knew I was leaving were glad I was gone.

Didn't care.

Some folks genuinely said they'd miss me (actually three, I can't remember).

The thing that stood out was the moment when I began to leave and I told the ETL in charge that night that I was leaving. He had a look on his face like I shot him. Apparently nobody told any of the management team that I was leaving even thou I put the paperwork in. I'm not sure why they don't tell anyone that sorta thing especially since I'm not even on the new schedule.

So their surprise at me leaving meant they actually liked me? It's hard to judge what really goes on in another person's head. No matter as my new job begins tommorow.

But are exits always this weird, and do ETL and TL's get left in the dark about people leaving too?

Your TL and ETL should be in the loop, ETL to know how to schedule or why you are not available to schedule. The TL just to make adjustments to work flow. But I can see those not being known until a few days until you are gone.

Well, the day that I gave my discharge paper the schedule for the next week had already been made.

Standard conversation at Target.
"Mr Right Hand meet Mr. Left Hand. "

Good luck with your new job.
Don't be a stranger.

Good luck in your new job! And sounds about right on communication--my store relies heavily on the grapevine getting word out which works about as well as anyone would expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back