Archived The Low volume store blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because in the new PTM bestpractice it states that the Salesfloor team leads are to OWN their area's, they (The salesfloor teamleads) are to review the MPG report weekly on Mondays and pull there product from the backroom using the backroom detail report. Yes other teams are involved in the PTM process but ultimately it is there responsibility to ensure that general upkeep is maintained. I'm not quite sure where you got that just because I said that they don't know how to pull the detail report (Which according to bestpractice they should be using weekly anyway) was in anyway suggesting that they should take 100% ownership, so please elaborate on how you came to this conclusion.

No actually backstocking sales planner merch is the SF-TL responsibility as I mention I'll be more than willing to quote bestpractice if you would like. well I don't work at your store, but I can tell you this much if you worked at my store and tried dumping of your backstock in my backroom, i'd shove it up your a$$, were all grown ups, I don't clean up after my kids, so I'm defiantly not cleaning up after you. The trouble with a lot of the team leads at my store and other teams specifically plano is that they have an unjustified sense of self superiority, they feel there too good to do menial tasks such as backstock, well I hate to break it to them, that ish isn't gonna fly in my backroom

This must be some super new PTM BP that's stating for a SFTL to go pull their own product from the D-Code report. It's my understanding that the IS team drops PTM fills on Mondays (but of course they will drop the smallest one they can to get out of work), the backroom team will pull it (if you can get them to stop walking the length of an aisle and back to backstock one item at a time), and you should then utilize a smart huddle to get the product out and pricing does labels or something crazy. The SFTL will then be using stand alone to maintain the aisle and constant maintenance with the sales floor team. I guess you just have some weak ass SFTL's in your store. How can you not see how I came to that conclusion, you say they should own it, they should use the report to pull their own stuff, of course they have to work it, so where in your little world do others help?

What you don't get is it is your job to backstock the product. There is a difference in the responsibilities of the planogram team and the sales floor team when it comes to backstocking product from old sets. Please go read the BP on it and then look up the responsibilities of the dayside backroom team, planogram is given hours to pull and backstock their own stuff and dayside backroom is given hours to pull and backstock CAF's, research, sales planners, etc.. As far as doing menial tasks such as backstocking I would much rather be in the backroom working the item merge report, using the detail report to get NOP and D-Code out to the floor, pulling pulls or backstocking, updating aisle profiles, adding items to the sweep, etc. etc. than being on the damn sales floor asking idiotic guests if they have heard about our redcard. So stop playing the victim and running to your STL whining and suck it up.

Ohhhhh, i am so screwed on the sf...there is only 3 of us now.
I do backstock my salesplanners, if I have time or easy to do.

Our store isnt too bad from a logistics point. Not sure how you guys that are higher volume have the same staff we do. We are ULV and usually have at least 4 people working backroom each day. I think 3 typically in the morning and one closer.

Also not sure what these ETLs of other stores on here are doing. I mean seriously from what I read it sounds like all of everyones ETLS just sit in TSC all day and dont touch a thing on the floor. WTF do they do then haha. MY store is ULV and maybe thats why, but my ETLS are always out on the floor, they answer callboxes, backup, zoning, and lately have been helping keep seasonal nice and labeled and flexed correctly oh and also doing some salesplanners. I know how lucky I truly am with having the leadership team I do after reading alot of posts on here.

The fact that your store is ULV is precisely the reason why your ETLs actually have to do work on the floor. With ULV (a.k.a. nearly nonexistent) payroll, you have very few sales floor hours, so your ETLs and logistics/process teams make up most of your sales floor coverage. Higher volume stores actually have sales floor hours (generally, not necessarily right now), so the ETLs are free to sit in the TSC and discuss Twilight/who's picking up lunch/whatever. As bad as things are in my A+ volume store right now, I feel especially bad for you guys in the ULV stores.

The fact that your store is ULV is precisely the reason why your ETLs actually have to do work on the floor. With ULV (a.k.a. nearly nonexistent) payroll, you have very few sales floor hours, so your ETLs and logistics/process teams make up most of your sales floor coverage. Higher volume stores actually have sales floor hours (generally, not necessarily right now), so the ETLs are free to sit in the TSC and discuss Twilight/who's picking up lunch/whatever. As bad as things are in my A+ volume store right now, I feel especially bad for you guys in the ULV stores.

I actually think we are a step above ULV but there was talk about us going ULV because we were like barely negative for the year even though we had remodel screwing up our store for months and we actually made up 2% or so for the year since pfresh in the fall. I think we were down 2.5% for the year and got all the way to like .5% down or so. But ya anyway id be pissed if all I saw my execs always in the TMSC BSing with eachother and demanding results and wondering why service scores are low when they are sitting on their #$# all day doing nothing to contribute and making like 2-3 times more than any of the TMs while doing half the work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back