Archived The mysterious cash office...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very curious about the cash office. Is that what they mean when they say "LOD, I'm ready for 239"? Also, what happens in the cash office. Does the GSA just count out money for the registers and then count and put the money back at the end of the night? Does the LOD have to be in the room with the GSA, or can s/he do it alone? Do you have to be a GSA to work in the cash office?

Just curious!

The first rule of Cash Office is: You do not talk about Cash Office.

Our GSA's must not know those two rules. Because whenever the GSTL works in the cash office I hear about how bad he fucked up for weeks afterwards.

Please don't WD40 the cash cart. It's supposed to be noisy and difficult to manage to prevent theft.

Ours was getting so bad no one within 20 feet could have a conversation when we were pushing ours around. The LOD came up to me the other night and told me he was standing in the back room trying to figure out what that noise was, and then it would go away...and then start again...until he finally figured out it was me with the COW. When you can hear it in the back room, it is too loud. It was quieter the other night, so I think someone took pity on the guests (and the rest of us) and gave it a much needed oiling. It still squeaks, but no longer confuses the TMs at the Target down the street when we use it.

Ive been learning Cash office and it is not so bad. it is just a lot of processing, and counting, and preparation. Sunday is my first shift alone so I am alittle nervous but also excited and the person who trained me is on the floor so I am less nervous.

At my store, we call it the CO...the cart is Bowser and the money courier Mr. Green. And the rule stands The first rule of Cash Office is you don't talk about the Cash Office.

239 over the walkie, CO in coversation. Our cart is simply The Turd.

The money cart at my store was called Big Bertha when I worked there. Pretty hilarious hearing my GSTL announce "LOD, I'm ready for Bertha."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back