Archived the struggle (of power) is real!

Status
Not open for further replies.
our ETL LOG will give a direction and put into play a plan. then, the flow team leader comes along and questions what you are doing, reminding you that thats not what they said to do. when explaining to the ETL why the plan they put into play isnt followed, and that the TL redirected them, the ETL reminds them that THEY are the superior, and that they should follow their words. next the TL comes back again, and this time, askes who their boss is, which is the TL, so askes why the TMs are listening to the ETL who not their boss. recycle this a few more times and you have very frustrated TMs, across various work areas (not centers, keep in mind flow is everywhere during unload)

key points:
1- the ETL plans work.
2- the TLs plans ... well ... if they are there is kind of pans out.... maybe?
3- when the ETL off that day flow doesnt come clean
4- on the ETLs solo truck, clean if not close as possible
5- TMs call out on TLs solo truck
6- ETL solo truck things are peaceful. half as many call outs.

so does anyone else deal with ETL/TL power struggles?

when explaining to the ETL why the plan they put into play isnt followed, and that the TL redirected them, the ETL reminds them that THEY are the superior, and that they should follow their words. next the TL comes back again, and this time, askes who their boss is, which is the TL, so askes why the TMs are listening to the ETL who not their boss.
Yeah, that sounds like a TL on a power trip. That TL needs to have a sit-down talk with the ETL-LOG and maybe even someone from HR. A TL does not have the power to override instruction from their ETL, even if there are some situations where it would be better if they could.

ETL of same department, yeah?

What a strange little fit your TL is throwing. If I was an ETL, I'd prefer that the TL talk to me about what they do or do not like instead of acting like a stubborn child.

ETL of same department, yeah?

What a strange little fit your TL is throwing. If I was an ETL, I'd prefer that the TL talk to me about what they do or do not like instead of acting like a stubborn child.

yeah ETL LOG vs TL Flow. i never considered the TL was on a power trip, i just figured he was being ignorant to the ETL, as the TL is pretty immature. i also looked at it as typical no communication retail nonsense. IF HR is aware id be shocked. as they are never in theyve been using vacations like crazy since theyve been hired. as far as the STL, ha! the STL....

but i can honestly say, the TMs are getting frustrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back