Archived The time has come, my little friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flabbergasted

Ex-GSA
To talk of other things.
Of shoes and ships and sealing wax.
Of cabbages and kings...

I put in my two weeks. These will be my last two weeks with the great red devil. This was a very difficult decision to make but ultimately I have chosen to focus primarily on my education going forward and less so on the stresses of retail life. There were other reasons, too. As many of you likely know, I have not been happy here for a long time. Though I had hoped to leave once I had a new job lined up, I can't do this any longer with a genuine smile still on my face. I don't feel appreciated with this company and at my store. More and more I dread going into work.

I'll still be around. I've met some great people on TBR and leaving Spot doesn't mean I can't still share in your pains. Thanks y'all for hosting my rants and my ravings. I'm glad to be joining recent departures like @redeye58. I did say I'd leave through that door screaming Ms. Red.

Best of luck to you! Spot can be a cruel mistress. Just don't forget that you have learned so much from Target even if you don't know it yet. Patience, respect, and an appreciation of retail are what i have learned so far.

I'm literally crying.
I'm happy for you but I'm sad at the same time. You've done a great big and brave thing, and you'll be on to bigger and better things in no time. I'm proud of you and your journey. I hope you'll keep in touch - you have my fb and my number (although my number still won't be back on til sunday) but if you choose not to keep in contact that way, I still hope at the very least you'll keep in contact through TBR.

And I'm holding you to those drinks, believe that. If I have to pay your way down here for a weekend, we're having drinks.

Good luck to you <3

Why is everyone so happy to be quitting their job?

Kick ass and take names.
Why is everyone so happy to be quitting their job?

I can't speak for @Flabbergasted or @redeye58 but I have been following them long enough to know that Spot has worked really hard to make life a misery for them.
When you hate the thought of going to work every day, when you know that you aren't appreciated and when the bosses treat you like gum on their shoe, it's time to move on.

I certainly understand that you work at one of the good stores and the day to day frustrations of the job are no big deal because you don't have the additional problem of poor management but trust me, a good portion of the stores aren't like that especially if you are in positions like Flabbergasted or if you've been around as long as redeye.

You made the right choice Flabbergasted, now go out there, kick ass and take names.
The world is yours and there is a job waiting for you where you will be appreciated, needed and that you will be happy to go to work everyday.
It might take some work to get to (so stay in school, young man) but it is out there.

I am so happy for you bc you have been treated very badly the last couple of months and you still kept trying and caring about your job.No matter how hard it got, you kept showing up and doing the rright thing. Your intelligence, sense of humor and compassion will be an assett to whichever company is lucky enough to grt you.
I will miss you ! Thanks for all your help and support.:eek: me. :rolleyes: you- things are looking up for you!!

Best of luck to you. Sometimes you find yourself in a no win situation w a job. You stepped up and now you can exit gracefully and focus on school. Visit TBR let us know how you're doing.

Apparently, it's extremely hilarious to tell someone who's quitting and expecting their last paycheck that it will be 'accidentally' lost. You know, accidentally. Oh golly gee, that was so funny I forgot to laugh. This is what the ETL-HR has been joking about lately. He's been telling me that he's going to lose my last paycheck, and that they would never catch him for it because he went to law school so he can argue his way out of a legal issue. I get that he thinks this is so fucking hilarious, but I don't. I don't appreciate the head of HR even considering, for one moment, that it's funny to joke about fucking with people's hard earned wages. My state requires employees to be paid out on their last day of work so he better have it then or I'm going to the Labor Board with this shit.

I'd start secretly recording this, laws be damned, & I'd start mentioning it to other leadership & TLs so that if it DOES happen it's no coincidence.
And I'd tell HIM the next time he says it that you've told others.

Look at him and say, "You know what would be really funny, if the Labor Board got a recording of your joke only edited to make it sound like a threat. Wow, you'd be dealing with them for months, if not years and how would you explain that to corporate?'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back