Archived The Tips of Totally Effective Target Team Members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Title was edited to avoid copyright infringement.
Anyone have any helpful (or funny) tips for your fellow team members? I'll start.

- Save your ears! Spiderwraps and EAS towers had a nasty breakup and they despise each other and will both start yelling. Help them out by ensuring their restraining order of 5 feet away is respected.
- Save your belt loops by keeping your magnetized keys away from backroom steel and shelves.
- A team member in motion outranks an ETL who doesn't know what's going on (oh, we wish this were true)
- An AP team member at a full run outranks everyone.
- A TM running towards an area with a fire extinguisher is usually an indication you should remain away from that area unless helping.
- Thou shalt press the walkie button BEFORE BEGINNING TO SPEAK.
- It takes two team members to move a 70 inch TV. Just trust me on this one.
- Test your mydevice for functionality while you are still at the cabinet and it is unlocked.
- The eyes in the sky see all......
- Have a supply that you need like a J-hook? See Electronics, we often have more stuff than most people realize.
- Do you enjoy not having to go backup cashier? Try not to make the GSTL mad or they will call you by name until the LOD makes them stop.
- Only you can prevent dropped myDevices.
- Please do not scream into the walkie. It can hear you if you hold it a reasonable distance away and speak in a normal tone.
- POS has two forms of the acronym. For the purpose of describing our registers, they are often interchangeable.

Last edited:
Stop and think! Wrap with shrink! (pallets!)
Bales can contain 5% plastic or tape.. ZERO % chains! Make sure they're out after ejecting a bale!
If it's your first time helping with the calfs, please alert your team trainer! asking 'Which way to the barn?' is a good starting point.

Guest Service is not where you bring your overflowing cart of literal garbage (plastic wrap, old signs, etc).

When something is marked "Backstock" it isn't just because the person really liked the color of that clip. There should never be a CAF overflowing with 3 weeks worth of cosmetics backstock that SOMEONE (me :( )now has to redo and resort to figure out why the counts are all off.

respect your fruit and temperature sensitive food, put them back in the proper area.
Don't put dairy in the freezer and vice versa. Never ever put a soda can in a freezer section.

And to all Guest please put what you do NOT want an longer back where you picked it up from, thanks.

When working a pull, you can backstock. Just because it's on a tub or flat doesn't mean it may all go out.

If you have a question, please ask. No question is stupid if you don't know the answer.

When there is food in the break room, don't be a hog!

If you have equipment and someone asks for it, don't make them beg for it!

If you decide to take on backstocking, please check your fillgroups. That soap is labeled HOME, not CHEM or HBO2. Yes, I am aware it doesn't make sense.

Also, please quit putting apple sauce in SNCK. It is clearly GRC3.

One more thing, please please PLEASE respect food safety guidelines (While in the back and on the floor). Dont mix Tide with those chips.

If you come up to Starbucks for iced water (no charge) & there's a loooooong line of guests waiting for $4-$6 drinks, who do you think we'll wait on first?

Wait... Can I come for hot water? I'd even bring my own cup lol. I don't mind waiting haha. Probably wouldn't even go if there's a long line, but sometimes I want a different tea (something I have at home) and the break room tap is so gross.

SL people, stop a few minutes early so you can clean your carts out. If I open the FR, I don't wanna come in to carts all over the fitting room. I think every closer would be much more effective and considerate if they ever had to open the FR a morning after they've closed on the floor. Opening the fr after I close now is nice haha (tooting my horn). I've come in to horrors, though. A full cart of unfolded table items in addition to a full unsorted cart from GS and a full cart of "pick up" stuff. That's not cool. If you didn't finish your tables don't fake it by putting it all in a cart. Oh man and if you must leave a pick up cart, at least put the rewrap in the top part or somehow separate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back