Archived The truck will be late

Status
Not open for further replies.
Douche+Bag+meme.jpg

My ETL-Log's reaction when hearing this news.

I have one better.. You get the truck but no one checked that the trailer had roll up doors. This trailer didn't, swinging doors. 10pm the overnight crew come in and can't open the trailer.. Yeah.. Truck is there but they can't get in it. I saw an ETL in tears cause he didn't know what to do..

@Bosch - That's a free night. I would pin that on the DC and tell them we're not staffed to take a double, unless our DTL is going to throw extra hours our way. I would have sent most of the crew home, remaining TMs would pull Autofills and push them. Quick night - watching TV in the break room by 2am. TMs who want hours can do special projects. Win-win

@Bosch - That's a free night. I would pin that on the DC and tell them we're not staffed to take a double, unless our DTL is going to throw extra hours our way. I would have sent most of the crew home, remaining TMs would pull Autofills and push them. Quick night - watching TV in the break room by 2am. TMs who want hours can do special projects. Win-win

@Mhugh220 that is what ended up happening, pull/push autos and rearrange some of the bulk steel then go home. The STL told them "well glad I got you that new line!" Now overnight understands our real dislike of the STL.

I prefer truck nights - makes the time fly - but getting a break now and then is nice, especially when you have a full team and little work. Funny that an ETL panicked.

Well he is new and had never experienced that before. The SRTL who has been at Spot for 10+ years just laughed at him but had been through it before.

My favorite was the time that there was something wrong with the truck so it didn't match the door and was almost two feet lower.
They had to split the conveyor into two pieces and have a couple of guys at the door to lift from one to the other.
They tried running a board from the dock to the truck for the pallets but it broke after the first couple so the they had take apart the pallets.
Took a lot longer to unload and was pretty dangerous all the way round.

A few years ago we had a trailer that we couldn't get open. The trailer door had a very noticeable bulge to it. The DC decided to put two water pallets (side by side) at the end of the trailer. Stacked on top of those pallets; pallet of pet food on one, pipo of green beans on the other.

Somewhere along the way the pallets dumped (shrink wrap tore) and fell against the door. Managed to finally open the trailer with the crown. Then had to clean up the mess.

Last edited:
At my store after the truck is unloaded they always push the conveyors into the truck ( out of the way for the time being ) they always take it out, at the end of the day....after the bulk end is all cleaned up. Well, one day they forgot to take them out....truck door was shut . So later...the dc called and said ..Hmm are you guys missing something? In the end come to find out ...not only had they closed the conveyors up in the truck....but three pallet jacks as well.

At my store after the truck is unloaded they always push the conveyors into the truck ( out of the way for the time being ) they always take it out, at the end of the day....after the bulk end is all cleaned up. Well, one day they forgot to take them out....truck door was shut . So later...the dc called and said ..Hmm are you guys missing something? In the end come to find out ...not only had they closed the conveyors up in the truck....but three pallet jacks as well.

Sounds like the one story I read here where a WAVe was sent back on a sweeps trailer. If I remember, the DC had some fun with it before they had to send it back.

Well , the funny thing was the etl/log at the time ( who was new and cocky as hell) was told to cut hours...so he sent the guy home who backstocked bulk ( before it was done). The etl/log was always trying to prove a point that we ( backroom team) could backstock faster...so he decided he would finish bulk....Well, needless to say when we all found out we thought it was funny as hell...karma gotta love it

the only odd trailer thing I can remember besides the cats, is when the driver parked at the wrong dock door. oh and birds, can not forget the birds

Early spring last yr we had quite a few sparrows that got in.
Someone even hung a feeder from the steel until the STL made 'em take it down.

My favorite was the time that there was something wrong with the truck so it didn't match the door and was almost two feet lower.
They had to split the conveyor into two pieces and have a couple of guys at the door to lift from one to the other.
They tried running a board from the dock to the truck for the pallets but it broke after the first couple so the they had take apart the pallets.
Took a lot longer to unload and was pretty dangerous all the way round.

That might be why we have a movers walk board stashed in back. For those that don't know what a "walk board" is its a portable wood ramp reinforced with a steel frame. Mover use them to load stuff in or out of the house and are 3-4ft wide and anywhere from 6-12ft long.. - dad did industrial and corporate moves for a while..

Sounds like the one story I read here where a WAVe was sent back on a sweeps trailer. If I remember, the DC had some fun with it before they had to send it back.

I remember that, it was @Greenshirt's DC. http://www.thebreakroom.org/index.php?threads/hey-other-dc-staff.3444/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back