Archived The "Vent about all the crazy shit that happened during your shift" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do too.
@Circle9 ask for the term form just to make leadership a bit nervous
:cool:
I probably should. It's been a while since the STL told me that getting actual receiving backup set up was "a process" and that I shouldn't get impatient. He said we'd see some results around December but then again he never did say which year...

Last week, our receiver overslept his alarm and didn't show up for work. So they chose to have me cover without any training, and I had a hell of a time just trying to figure out how to receive a vendor let alone deal with everything else. Even without that experience I see how much shit you guys have to deal with, and I salute you because I know for a fact that I could not deal with it.
I can barely deal with it and I've been doing this for almost a year now. I trained with one that's been doing this for ~10 years and I that honestly terrifies me.

I can barely deal with it and I've been doing this for almost a year now. I trained with one that's been doing this for ~10 years and I that honestly terrifies me.

Seriously. Our receiver has only been doing it for two, but he has the temperament of a saint so he somehow manages to keep it afloat. And it's definitely not easy at our store with the way that our overnight team just absolutely abuses the area surrounding Reverse Logistics.

Our receiver is lucky because he works at the same time as Flow, so ha can catch and correct any fuckups as they happen. Plus, the current flow TL is OCD about coming clean and putting everything away each day. At 2:30 there is nothing on the docks or on the line.

It finally happened: Steritech showed up while I was still in the building. I don't think the STL was too pleased to find out that I know squat about calibrating thermometers or what's in the food truck binder. I don't know why he's surprised considering things that need to be temped don't show up anywhere near my receiving shifts. But don't worry, he says we'll get my lack of training fixed.

Then again, the bags of open pet food sitting on my desk probably didn't help our score. Then again, I've spent the last two shifts loading sweeps and trying to get as many MIRs done as I can. A couple bags that have probably been sitting around since Saturday weren't really high on my list of priorities right now.

Maybe Steritech needs to make more visits to get Target management to take notice of what is going on. One can only hope.
Nah, they'll just fire all the food-related TLs and TMs on the 3rd critical red score and then blame lack of training when it keeps happening, but also do nothing about lack of training.

"Circle9, I think the compactor is broken." Exactly what I wanted to hear first thing after lunch.
EASdVnul.jpg

Twenty-plus minutes running the compactor, digging through trash and bagging plastic to find the banana boxes jammed deep in there. And the two full bags of plastic some assbrain was too lazy to put where it belongs. I've decided until I get told to stop, I'm going to do my best to keep the compactor closed and locked when not in use. You know, like it should. To prevent shit like this from happening, presumably.

Also in the wake of this week's Steritech visit I've been informed that it's my job after all to test the thermometers and all that jazz. Not to worry, the ETL-LOG is ordering a bunch of shiny new thermometers and prettying up the food binder. Because that what was keeping me from doing this and not the fact that until this week nobody told me this was part of my job and I have more than enough on my plate right now.

"Circle9, I think the compactor is broken." Exactly what I wanted to hear first thing after lunch.
EASdVnul.jpg

Twenty-plus minutes running the compactor, digging through trash and bagging plastic to find the banana boxes jammed deep in there. And the two full bags of plastic some assbrain was too lazy to put where it belongs. I've decided until I get told to stop, I'm going to do my best to keep the compactor closed and locked when not in use. You know, like it should. To prevent shit like this from happening, presumably.

Also in the wake of this week's Steritech visit I've been informed that it's my job after all to test the thermometers and all that jazz. Not to worry, the ETL-LOG is ordering a bunch of shiny new thermometers and prettying up the food binder. Because that what was keeping me from doing this and not the fact that until this week nobody told me this was part of my job and I have more than enough on my plate right now.
Realistically you just need to know how to calibrate it, and show steriotech....it's been that way for almost two years...I cab tell when they've been in cause a box of new thermometers show up a couple weeks later...they must eat these things or something.

Built all the fancy tables for "In with the new" last week. Came in today and they were taken down. Pallets of water in their place. Well why the hell did we waste hours building the tops? What a waste of payroll.

Built all the fancy tables for "In with the new" last week. Came in today and they were taken down. Pallets of water in their place. Well why the hell did we waste hours building the tops? What a waste of payroll.
There wasn't enough room for both? We have 1 aisle of tables and 3 aisles of bulk pallets.

R.I.P my african american Harambe.

I come back from break to find the ETL-LOG arguing with a driver. It got kind of heated, died down and the driver does his thing, comes back and apologizes for how he acted. The ETL-LOG responds by going off again and threatening to have him banned from the store.

What was it all about? Signing in and wearing a badge.

I come back from break to find the ETL-LOG arguing with a driver. It got kind of heated, died down and the driver does his thing, comes back and apologizes for how he acted. The ETL-LOG responds by going off again and threatening to have him banned from the store.

What was it all about? Signing in and wearing a badge.
If you don't go to the salesfloor, you don't sign in...

If you don't go to the salesfloor, you don't sign in...
In the wake of our last visit, making sure the visitor log is nice and full has become a Real Big Deal. I also haven't enforced signing in like I should and I'm trying to ease myself and vendors/drivers into it.

Unfortunately the ETL-LOG has no sense of subtlety or people skills and probably demanded that this person I've never once asked to sign in to sign the fuck in right away.

Has anyone seen the guide for being to Target Brand for Receiving?
I'd be interested if such a thing actually existed too.

Thanks to a recall, I now have 30+ pillows I have to hold onto for an indeterminate amount of time until Target decides what do with them. Most of them are not in a casepack and my recall hold area is meant for tiny things like coffee mugs and rice cookers. Going to be fun figuring this out.

Also caught too late a TM who shouldn't be processing defectives showing another TM how to process defectives. Pulled the second one aside afterwards and said "hey so if you get any defectives, especially chemicals, run them by me, the guy who is trained for this because the person who showed you is not supposed to be doing that." We'll see if that chat sticks or not.

Thanks to a recall, I now have 30+ pillows I have to hold onto for an indeterminate amount of time until Target decides what do with them. Most of them are not in a casepack and my recall hold area is meant for tiny things like coffee mugs and rice cookers. Going to be fun figuring this out.
Use one of those pallet-sized cardboard boxes (I think it's meant for metal recycling). Or a hangar bin if you have extras to spare.

Use one of those pallet-sized cardboard boxes (I think it's meant for metal recycling). Or a hangar bin if you have extras to spare.
Wait, you use those for meta along with plastic recyclingl? Instead of letting it heap up in a complete mess that collapses if you so much as think about it? Mind. Blown.

That was my plan when I get the time tomorrow to put one together and load the open stock into it. Just need to find space in the steel and the time to do that...I can't complain too much though because Monday was pretty much a perfect, quiet day :)

Stayed almost two hours later today because nobody (including me) remembered the Q4 exception sweep was a thing that needed to be done. ETL-LOG might have known because he kept asking me this week what the merchandise sweep looked like, then an hour before my shift ends he tells me it needs to be done and he'll give me the list of items next time he sees me (he never did). Then again he was probably distracted trying to figure out how he managed to order half of a metro rack for the second or third time now.

Thanks leadership for being so on top of not a goddamned thing.

Stayed almost two hours later today because nobody (including me) remembered the Q4 exception sweep was a thing that needed to be done. ETL-LOG might have known because he kept asking me this week what the merchandise sweep looked like, then an hour before my shift ends he tells me it needs to be done and he'll give me the list of items next time he sees me (he never did). Then again he was probably distracted trying to figure out how he managed to order half of a metro rack for the second or third time now.

Thanks leadership for being so on top of not a goddamned thing.
Wait they had you do the entire exception sweep? Our backroom got an extra 16 hours built into this weeks schedule just for that. We didn't have anyone to give those extra hours to, and it definitely didn't take 16 hours to do, but still...

Wait they had you do the entire exception sweep? Our backroom got an extra 16 hours built into this weeks schedule just for that. We didn't have anyone to give those extra hours to, and it definitely didn't take 16 hours to do, but still...
Yeah, no help. Could I have asked for help? Maybe. But I don't really trust the ETL and the BR-TL has only in the last two weeks started speaking to me.

It wasn't too bad, I guess? I dug up the necessary info off the Redwire, looked it over and went to my happy place work. I probably fucked something up but I'll be shocked if anybody notices. I'd be surprised if the ETL-LOG even remembers the sweep next time he talks to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back