they treat me like crap.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanemich

cashier
ok so im almost a month out of my 90 days still havent gotten it. theyve given me the nick name red card king. i average 6-11 a shift. im the only cashier and they keep saying o lane u have to get twenty. im just like.... seriously. im the only cashier who even tries. im the leading redcard man in my store. 15 in one day. im seriously getting sick of it. when im not getting redcards they treat me like crap. when i dont do well they hound me and make me feel insignifigant. i worked all mem day weekend. alotta cashiers called in sick. i worked two twelve hour shifts. was sick tuesday and they treated me like crap cause i had to leave cause i was sick cause of all the people who called in the day after memorial day

That is so like Target. They only give a crap about you when you're doing something positive for their numbers. If I was you, I'd start looking for another job. Target is never going to let you leave the front lanes and you will probably be burdened with saving the day in terms of redcards for the duration of your employment there.

we have a cashier in a similar situation. She gets 10-15 every shift she works. it's great for our numbers. luckily the lods go out of their way to challenge every one else to match her performance instead of singling her out to save the day. but i know some days she's not up to it, or just can't get any, and the lods pick on her about it.

if it were me, i would talk to your gstl and etl together immediately in an off stage area. make notes of what you want to say (in case you get nervous). stick to the notes and make sure you address everything in a brand manner. write down who you spoke with/date/time. once you're done, i would stick my head into the hr office and let them know that you spoke with your gstl and etl together, and what the notes were that you covered. tell the hr you are going to continue to drive for red cards and help encourage your peers to do the same, but need additional support in holding the entire team accountable. quote core roles. add what you and your hr talk about to the bottom of your other notes with date/time. this way you have ample documentation. go above and beyond to challenge others to do what you do, so the etl team knows you are sincere in making an effort, not just tired of the situation. if it doesn't get better, go to the stl and cover who you spoke with and when, and let him know the situation hasn't gotten better. ask for additional support. tell him you would like to follow up in 2 weeks to see if the situation has improved. document anything related to the issue with your notes. sometimes when spot learns you're not his particular type of chew toy, he decides you're "damaged goods" and sends you off to QMOS.

thanks. thankfully. on monday i get to work guest services instead of being a cashier so redcards wont be a major requirement. i hope. but knowing my gsa and gstl ill get stuck on a register.even though it will be my first day of guest service training

Wow, those are some terrible stores if that's how it is. I know at our store it can be bad for those not asking people, but those that are having off days our etls and gstls understand from what I can see. Our red card king and queen sometimes run into issues because they feel they can get away with anything and usually slack off after getting a few unfortunately.

thanks. thankfully. on monday i get to work guest services instead of being a cashier so redcards wont be a major requirement. i hope. but knowing my gsa and gstl ill get stuck on a register.even though it will be my first day of guest service training

People often go to guest service to open a redcard, specifically guests who wanted one in the past but didn't have some piece of info with them (blank check). You may get a few there without trying.

Your leadership sucks. That's exactly how my ETL-GE is. He says crap like that that almost has my team in tears and when I confront him, he says "I was just kidding, they knew that". I wish I had something better to say except that you're awesome! I'm a GSTL and I would love to have you on my team. As a GSTL, I also know how difficult it is to get a high-performing TM like yourself the recognition you deserve. Just know you're appreciated and several people on your leadership team would break into a sweat if you decided to quit.

On a side note, I would love to hear some of your REDcard strategies if you are up for sharing. I would guess there aren't too many cashiers in the company that perform that highly! Whether you're up for sharing or not, good luck with everything. I agree that you need to approach your leaders, even just one of them, to tell them how that crap makes you feel and how it doesn't motivate you in the slightest. I think they'll get the picture without being offended.

My trick for redcards is to ask everyone and try to never take no for an answer. I never annouce thecredit

I've seen this happen at my store too. I always told our heavy hitters its ok if they can't always get them, **** happens.

It is VERY demoralizing though, believe me...

Find a new location. I've been here for about a month and a half, have a 5-6% conversion rate (highest in store), and they pretty much give me free starbucks/pizza/gift cards every shift.

Theres a cashier at my store who works 40 hours a week and their score is 13.57 YTD. She is amazing and my score has even gone up because of her! (not that i cashier very often but i'm much more comfortable asking since i started listening to her). There are weeks when she doesn't do as well and she gets frustrated with herself and that's when i step up with more praise and more recognition because even if she got zero cards that week i know she's trying her best. The people i'm concerned with are the ones that just don't ask. Scores don't mean much to me if you're performing your core roles.

Sadly this is all to common. The more you do the more they expect. Meanwhile you have plenty of people doing just enough to not get fired, not that I blame them for the pay I am suprised anyone bothers to even show up.

She's just butt hurt that everyone got on her for crying about an issue that we had no sympathy for. Either come back with better trolling or just go away.

or me?

You stupid piece of SH*T lol You probably some old F**K that's going to have to work at target the rest of your life. Have fun with that asswipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back