Archived things that make you go hmmmm....

Status
Not open for further replies.
So one of the biggest opportunities in my store was FIFO'ing and short dating. Being the market sponsor, I talk at huddle about it periodically, pester the execs about freshness friday and weeks, in short, my team mates call me the market nazi.
I realized today that all the nudging I've done about FIFO has done something. While doing a random check of my coolers, I checked the single serve drinks. I found one product beautifully FIFO'd... Jan, Mar, April, May... WAIT... that would be January 2012. o.0 ok, so the fifo'd... just left the expired stuff there....

Fantastic! That is the great working spirit right there.

Honestly, has to be better than pushing a mcLane order only to have the new Cafe TM come over with six cases of random (outdated) regular frozen product that were shoved into the Cafe's freezers. We're talking shelf freight here, not the cafe's supplies. I think my exact words were "Things that make you go hmmm..."

I do the SDA 5 days a week HLmaster. One day I got seriously irritated, I had a cart and a half full of outdated product... I brought it to huddle and did show and tell. I really can't complain, it's gotten so much better. I can do the SDA and only have a handful of items that I have to pull. But this morning... finding that, I just had to shake my head, wonder what they were thinking and keep going lol
WOW Justtossit... that is definitely a "hmmmm" moment!

When you do Freshness Friday, do you short date as well? How many people outside of market know how to do this? Do you short date randomly? It'll bump up what the SDA has you look for which is a tremendous help.

When you do Freshness Friday, do you short date as well? How many people outside of market know how to do this? Do you short date randomly? It'll bump up what the SDA has you look for which is a tremendous help.
We do short dating during C & S (our cooler and freezer delivery), during freshness friday and whenever i run into something. I'm the only person in market, but I've trained all the hardlines tm's, plus the 2 HLTL's and a few people from the flow/instocks team know how to short date. We've been getting better with adding the short dates, my sda averages about 30 items each day.

This happens in our pharmacy as well. Certain people are just to dam lazy to pick up the bottle on the shelf to put the new one behind it.

This happens in our pharmacy as well. Certain people are just to dam lazy to pick up the bottle on the shelf to put the new one behind it....either that or she's too "busy" to look and see if there's already an open bottle and will just open a new one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back