Archived Things you MISS from Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
90% off Clearance :)

My store actually got to 90% for candy last Christmas.

We always have Easter stuff that goes to 90. Even at 9 cents a bag, we still can't sell the damn Easter grass.
We run out of Easter Grass every year!
And thus we have stumbled on a microcosm of why Target's sales are down and the company is struggling. Clearance isn't pulling casual shoppers/bargain hunters anymore and inventory supply chain issues aren't providing the regular shoppers with the products they come for.

I miss the FFF events we used to do. We use to have wheelchair races after hours, TPing the LOD or STL, Hit your favorite TL with a pie, or water balloon, and silent auctions of display items to raise money for United Way. Now we get snacks of some kind in the breakroom, which is great, but I miss the fun.

i miss the the management team that appreciated you and the good job you were doing! now its just " when are you going to quit!"

This. I get along with most of my TLs, but we've had some great ones leave for greener pastures over the last few years.

I miss quality leadership. I've only been with target for a couple years, but in that short time we went from excellent, well-trained, knowledgable leaders in the building, to just having TL's who can "put up" with all the crap they're thrown, and inefficient ETL's who are even dumber than our previous round of them

Store-level AP resources (payroll)

The old pyramid structure: AP reporting to DAPTLs directly and so on.
If I had to choose one thing that has killed AP the most, it is the 2009 structure change. Even moreso than payroll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back