Archived Thinking of a possible return!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been tinkering with the idea of possibly returning (or trying to return) to target! A bit of history... I was terminated just about 2 years ago for "supposedly" not taking a drug test following an incident when I was injured and broke my hand. The ETL-HR informed me that my drug test was no where to be found in the system. I was asked if I had my copy of the drug test paper and told her I could not locate it. Albeit having a 2 and 4 year old at the time it's hard to hold onto anything! She told me she would call Quest Diagnostics to see if I signed in the day I took the test. I informed her that I physically did not sign in, yet I asked the lady at the desk to put my name down. I'm right handed and my whole right hand was literally covered with a cast. Weather she did or not is anyone's guess. So I was terminated.

I was angry, upset and really pissed off! I had worked for Target for 10 years! Not ONCE had I been on corrective action! Not once had I been coached for a single thing! Not once has my integrity ever been questioned! Yet here I am being fired over supposedly not taking a drug test. A few days pass then my Nuerologist called me to see how I was doing. Kind of odd indeed, but when I talked with him he asked how I was doing and if I'm ok. Incredibly odd for him to just call! Then he tells me they got a call to verify my prescriptions on
drug test for a work related injury about and was checking in to see how I was doing! Now I'm furious! I explained what happened and he writes a note to my HR informing her he was asked to verify my prescriptions from a drug test etc... I also went up to Quest and asked if they had their copy of the drug test form. I showed my ID and explained my situation. A day later they call me and I was able to pick up a photo copy of it! So I draft a letter, and submit both the copy of the test and letter from my Nuerologist and send it to my ETL-HR. She called me the next week and told me she had received my stuff and proceeded what I want to happen! Duh! I want my job back! She then tells me she will make some calls and get back with me! That was the last time I heard anything from her!

I guess I could say I basically was not surprised I did not hear back from her! She was a total bitch! She really had it out for me! Not because I ever did anything to her, but this lady was incredibly shady and I knew more than enough to get her canned at any moment. My Ex-Wife is an ETL and worked with her prior to her coming to take over HR at my store. Being her "peer" she witnessed first hand many things she did. Being smart she documented everything!

Fast forward 2 years and the ETL-HR was let go a good while back and I have been thinking about making and attempt to re-join the red and khaki! The STL is the same, she had been there only a few months when I was terminated. Not even sure if she would remember me! I worked on the presentation team and all the members including the TL are still there. I have written a letter the STL and I am hopeful she will sit down and talk with me and let me return! If not then it's just not meant to be! I have a great life now! I'm a stay at home dad and love every minute of being around my children!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back