Archived This is bull****!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart621

Flow Driver
Last April, one of my fingers was badly cut due to the negligence of Target mobile leaving a very sharp object (an exposed thin metal of a magneto board).

Filled out a worker's comp and went to a clinic they sent me to get some stitches.

Just today I received my third notice of a $200 bill from the clinic where they sent me. The first and second notice I gave to my HR, which was faxed to worker's comp. Now I just got my third one.

I'm getting tired of this. It's not my fault I almost lost the tip of one of my fingers because someone decided to leave a sharp object out in the open. I'm not going to pay this $200. I'm just going to give it again to my HR.

You don't have to.
Just keep giving the bills to HR.
Workers Comp is notorious for taking forever to pay the bills and the clinics like their money as quick as possible.
So they send the bills to the patients hoping to get a quick hit, then you have to get the money.
If you want to call the billing number and tell them it's a workers comp situation just in case there's a paper work snafu but don't stress.
You don't have to pay and they can't make you.

This is my first experience worker's comp.

Been here six years in Target and this was my first accident that required me going to the doctor.

I never realized it takes this long for this thing to end. It's been 7 months and still getting bills.

If there is ever a next time (g-d forbid) might I suggest;
1) going to a hospital,
2) making sure you have the workmans comp paperwork from the store with you
3) if you don't have the paperwork keep telling them its a work accident and give them the number of the store instead of yours

be prepared... if the store still uses sedgwick cms (be sure to check---i haven't filed comp claims in a while), they are like a comcast/at&t love child when it comes to dealing with fault.

If sedgwick accepted responsibility for your claim, call your doctor, let them know it's workers comp, then call your sedwick cms to get your case handler's info. the number use to be posted around the hr office (not sure if it's still there, but your hr will have it). Once you get that, forward a copy of any bills you receive directly to your case handler. if you can scan and email your documents, you will get faster results than faxing them. they tend to lose things. last case i handled took a little under 2 years to be completely settled. try to be patient and remember you can easily challenge to get it taken off your credit report if it gets reported as deliquent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back