Archived This Year's Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I recently was bumped up from GSTM to GSA back in February, the $.50 was very impressive but I knew the stipulations of taking the job else I wouldn't had taken it lol.

Anyways on topic, for my review this year I know that the $.50 is a pay grade increase and shouldn't affect a merit raise during review time but is that necessarily true? Considering the two would be around the same time of the year will they kinda be like eh well he just got $.50 we don't really need to add anything?

No, you will still get a raise, unless you are rated unsatisfactory (shouldn't be or they wouldn't have promoted you). The raise should be higher (slightly) as they are based on a percentage of your base pay, however your score could be lower as you promote you are held to different core roles.

So I recently was bumped up from GSTM to GSA back in February, the $.50 was very impressive but I knew the stipulations of taking the job else I wouldn't had taken it lol.

Anyways on topic, for my review this year I know that the $.50 is a pay grade increase and shouldn't affect a merit raise during review time but is that necessarily true? Considering the two would be around the same time of the year will they kinda be like eh well he just got $.50 we don't really need to add anything?

My store pulls some B.S. with GSA raises in their first year. Everyone that I've known gets a I.E. their first year and a raise around 5-7 cents. They just say that b/c you're new-in-role you're not yet effective at your position. If, by chance, you are effective at your position, they'll say that you weren't effective at it in the beginning, and since you're review should reflect your performance the whole year, ....voila! Still I.E.!

I hope your store isn't the same. It's really not fair.

My store pulls some B.S. with GSA raises in their first year. Everyone that I've known gets a I.E. their first year and a raise around 5-7 cents. They just say that b/c you're new-in-role you're not yet effective at your position. If, by chance, you are effective at your position, they'll say that you weren't effective at it in the beginning, and since you're review should reflect your performance the whole year, ....voila! Still I.E.!

I hope your store isn't the same. It's really not fair.

Yeah that's kind of what I was thinking when I originally posted this. A raise based on actual merit would be nice but the main reason I took the GSA job was for the spot on my resume :/

Yeah that's kind of what I was thinking when I originally posted this. A raise based on actual merit would be nice but the main reason I took the GSA job was for the spot on my resume :/

Your annual review should be written and based on the position in which you spent most of the year in. So if you were promoted in Feb. it should be based on you as a Guest Service team Member not GSA. Your raise should be prorated for each position.

Actually, the raise is based on a percentage and that percentage is based on the base pay, which if promoted before review time, would be the new, higher base pay.
Your annual review should be written and based on the position in which you spent most of the year in. So if you were promoted in Feb. it should be based on you as a Guest Service team Member not GSA. Your raise should be prorated for each position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back